Could we make a difference

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
So I'm on the John Deer mowing the Ponderosa enjoying my quiet time and I started thinking. What could I do to help support our troops, I remember the little girl that made necklaces and sold them and all her profits went to support our soldiers. I remembered the mothers sending packages of baby wipes and cookies, but what could I do. I started thinking about what assets I have and how could I rally up my community members to get involved then I remembered that there is more than one kind of community.

My brother in law just recently came home from Iraq as serving in the Marines in Fallujah so I talked with him. I asked him what he needed when he was there and he told me that he always had enough food, the US kids were keeping him busy reading letters from them. Scott went on to tell me that when he was there he was always worried about the things at home, who was mowing the yard, who was fixing the fence, who was taking care of things while he was away. He told me that he knew the family was around to take care of things but what about those not so lucky to have family......

So, here is what I was thinking, what we do have is a very diverse group of men and women from all over the country and a few members from overseas. Why don't we use this forum as a place to funnel needs through. We have many many of our members that are in the Gulf and they could use a hand while they are protecting us. If we had a soldier tell us their needs how many would drive an hour to mow a deplyed soldiers yard? Do we as a group of enthusiast have what it takes to support our troops? I'm up for it are you all?

It may be something so trivial to us here but if we can keep our soldiers focused on the job at hand it would make it a little easier for them..... If some of you are up for it I would like to ask that those members that are overseas fighting for us, let us know your needs and lets see what we can do.  

What do you all think?

I'll keep anybody's busa happy while they are gone................
biggrin.gif

I'm in and will cover the Bellingham, WA/surrounding area. Let me know how it developes and how I can help!
smile.gif

I have sent several care pkgs over there already but it would be nice to do more if we know what they need so this is a great idea.
thumbs-up.gif

Im ashamed at our government...the way the men in arms give and sacrafice there lives and familys...when here at home many are loosing there homes because a once income is gone. For those familys that gave all and have gotten little to none in return. It sickens me inside. I too have family that has come back never the same physcially or emotionally. Crippled for life to say the least. And there are those on this board that will say well they signed the dotted line....and I would say yes they did, but don't they deserve more then what our government is giving them? Why does it have to fall on the publics lap to see to it that our forces are taken care of with just normal things.. I had one friend whom got back said, he literally had to pull teeth to get to use a phone to talk with his family, and yet the government says it causes too much depression to allow troops to talk with family...they need to stay focused on the war. I know one person whom sold lemonade locally just to get calling cards to send to the troops so they could talk with family. When is enough, Yes I support our troops, but when do we as a country say enough of this war that we cannot change the world and quit trying to at the cost of so many lives. Protect our lands and let others have theres to do with as they choose...I wonder if someone said lets evade the U.S and change there life after 2000 plus years, wonder how we would respond
rock.gif
Im just tired of the political bull#### in our government and say bring our boys home and live our lifes and if another country starts anything by god we will finish it....my .02 cents worth..
sad.gif

That sounds like a great idea! I will do what I can. Keep us posted.

No more chocolate for Creekboy........ SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO with that said, I say we keep our ears open and let's see what comes from our military members overseas.. If any member here knows of a mom that needs some help while her husband is deployed lets get it on here so we can make a difference.

CAp

Im ashamed at our government...the way the men in arms give and sacrafice there lives and familys...when here at home many are loosing there homes because a once income is gone. For those familys that gave all and have gotten little to none in return. It sickens me inside. I too have family that has come back never the same physcially or emotionally. Crippled for life to say the least. And there are those on this board that will say well they signed the dotted line....and I would say yes they did, but don't they deserve more then what our government is giving them?  Why does it have to fall on the publics lap to see to it that our forces are taken care of with just normal things.. I had one friend whom got back said, he literally had to pull teeth to get to use a phone to talk with his family, and yet the government says it causes too much depression to allow troops to talk with family...they need to stay focused on the war. I know one person whom sold lemonade locally just to get calling cards to send to the troops so they could talk with family. When is enough, Yes I support our troops, but when do we as a country say enough of this war that we cannot change the world and quit trying to at the cost of so many lives. Protect our lands and let others have theres to do with as they choose...I wonder if someone said lets evade the U.S and change there life after 2000 plus years, wonder how we would respond  
rock.gif
 Im just tired of the political bull#### in our government and say bring our boys home and live our lifes and if another country starts anything by god we will finish it....my .02 cents worth..  
sad.gif
The government can do more, but so can our citizens. Our boy's will come home when the jobs done. They wouldn't have it any other way.
wink.gif

To be honest, we aren't wanting for much over here.  Letters and care packages are always appreciated.  No chocolate!!!  125+ degrees just isn't good for it.  Threads that show the people back home and are thinking about us pretty much makes my day.  Thanks.

anysoldier.com is a great site with info on care packages and letters.

<!--EDIT|busarider54
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123568725 -->

busarider54, are you overseas now? If so do you have any needs here in the US.... If you are deployed you would be a perfect fit for this...... A member of the board and a deployed soldier....... Let's see if we can help.

CAp

So I'm on the John Deer mowing the Ponderosa enjoying my quiet time and I started thinking. What could I do to help support our troops, I remember the little girl that made necklaces and sold them and all her profits went to support our soldiers. I remembered the mothers sending packages of baby wipes and cookies, but what could I do. I started thinking about what assets I have and how could I rally up my community members to get involved then I remembered that there is more than one kind of community.

My brother in law just recently came home from Iraq as serving in the Marines in Fallujah so I talked with him. I asked him what he needed when he was there and he told me that he always had enough food, the US kids were keeping him busy reading letters from them. Scott went on to tell me that when he was there he was always worried about the things at home, who was mowing the yard, who was fixing the fence, who was taking care of things while he was away. He told me that he knew the family was around to take care of things but what about those not so lucky to have family......

So, here is what I was thinking, what we do have is a very diverse group of men and women from all over the country and a few members from overseas. Why don't we use this forum as a place to funnel needs through. We have many many of our members that are in the Gulf and they could use a hand while they are protecting us. If we had a soldier tell us their needs how many would drive an hour to mow a deplyed soldiers yard? Do we as a group of enthusiast have what it takes to support our troops? I'm up for it are you all?

It may be something so trivial to us here but if we can keep our soldiers focused on the job at hand it would make it a little easier for them..... If some of you are up for it I would like to ask that those members that are overseas fighting for us, let us know your needs and lets see what we can do.

What do you all think?
Good thought cap...
biggrin.gif

Back