If the world went to hell tomorrow....

fast08busa

Professional Pilot kinda sorta
Registered
Do you have a plan? I do, actually me and the wifey talked about this alot, with the way the world is going we think it is a good idea. heres my plan.

I have all my camping and outdoor living stuff located easily in my garage ready to be thrown in the truck. I have a spot already selected in the wilderness in the tonto national forest that is a natural cave that will comfortably live 15-20 people. It is elevated with clear views for lookouts. I have a small stockpile of ammo that I am currently trying to make larger. I have water purification systems as well as enuff food to last for a couple weeks before I have to hunt. My kids know that if anything happens were to meet me and mom. I have people that know were we will be and know how to get there.

Just looking to how the world is falling apart I strongly think this is a good idea to have. Call me crazy but id rather be prepared than not. Does anyone else think like this?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Plus I live about fifteen minutes from a nuclear power plant......definitely an issue

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

preparing for catastrophes is not crazy, just like everything thing else only the crazies get the public eye. i know alot of people that have plans for things, fire, flood, tornado, hurricane, earthquake, why not this too? i dont agree with the people that think they are gonna have to climb a mountain of bodies and shoot there way into survival, which seems to be some peoples mentality with their tacticool rifles and gear. bring things to survive not to fight.

a little more difficult from here but we have almost everything you would need to survive within 10miles, including 2 gas stations. Lots of fishing, hunting and farms here but we have discussed if it gets really bad, heading south to my oldest sister's place in the VA mountains. Natural spring there, far enough off the grid, plenty to hunt and fish and we could survive for a very long time if needed.

Good idea though keeping the essentials close by for a doomsday sorta event :thumbsup:

preparing for catastrophes is not crazy, just like everything thing else only the crazies get the public eye. i know alot of people that have plans for things, fire, flood, tornado, hurricane, earthquake, why not this too? i dont agree with the people that think they are gonna have to climb a mountain of bodies and shoot there way into survival, which seems to be some peoples mentality with their tacticool rifles and gear. bring things to survive not to fight.

eh, if things go sideways enough you will need to have your gear to fight for survival. Sad but true, ever watched that show on discovery about the people left to survive with nothing? Sadly you will probably need your weapons far more in a chaotic catastrophe than any other time. I dont think you will be climbing mountains of bodies but you will need a way to protect your stash :thumbsup:

eh, if things go sideways enough you will need to have your gear to fight for survival. Sad but true, ever watched that show on discovery about the people left to survive with nothing? Sadly you will probably need your weapons far more in a chaotic catastrophe than any other time. I dont think you will be climbing mountains of bodies but you will need a way to protect your stash :thumbsup:

i agree, what im saying is i know people that have 3k worth of 1 ar that can shoot for a limited amount of situations, and 20k rounds, 200 mags, and think this is a survival plan.

i have a couple shotguns, couple auto rifles, couple accurate rifles, few handguns, knives for diff purposes, means of water purification, camping materials, first aid equipment, tools and spare parts, and a reliable means of transport. i have more than a few places i could go. these things are survival equipment not battle equipment, im trying to protect my family not enter a guerrilla war zone with them. i have actually been condensing my safe into things i collect, and more utility based arms in similar readily available calibers.

you would need to have more skill in hunting and gathering vs tactical offense like all the new wave toolbags of survivalism seem to think is such a necessity. i know a guy that thinks cause he can draw his pistol with his off hand he is more battle ready while hes so out of shape he cant run a mile or tie his shoes standing up.

you cant eat or drink bullets, and bullets have a long shelf life, just saying. :beerchug:

i have guns and bullets.... i will find some hippster peacenic that is well prepared but has no guns and take his/her provisions by force

you cant eat or drink bullets, and bullets have a long shelf life, just saying. :beerchug:

But you can eat and drink the things that bullets can get you.. :whistle:

I'm a lazy, fat, American gun owner, I'll just take, take, take until I'm out of bullets.. :rofl:

But you can eat and drink the things that bullets can get you.. :whistle:

I'm a lazy, fat, American gun owner, I'll just take, take, take until I'm out of bullets.. :rofl:

:rofl: thats probably what will happen alot.

i think the majority wouldnt know what to do with an animal after it was shot. i'm not an avid hunter but i can process an animal.

Fast.. I lost the directions you gave me to the cave.. can you send them again... LOL

Oh sorry fo the no txt bk yet waiting to hear back about Brookes work schedule for the camping trip. As soon as I know something I will let you know.

You ask 'if the world went' but I honestly don't see that happening unless a super huge comet/asteroid impacts us. If the economic world crashes then I think only the developed nations will crumble and have strife. If this country crashes to the point to where we are all fighting and killing each other in the streets than I'm leaving to a safer place. I don't see a total world conflagration. If it's a revolution then things would be different.

I'm so far south I think I'll just go to Cuba. Ain't nothin changing down there.
I'll eat fresh Caribbean lobster on the beach and read about the wars and zombies in America. You guys stay here and play Red Dawn.

I'm so far south I think I'll just go to Cuba. Ain't nothin changing down there.
I'll eat fresh Caribbean lobster on the beach and read about the wars and zombies in America. You guys stay here and play Red Dawn.

Enjoy the shootout getting on the boat:thumbsup::laugh:

Enjoy the shootout getting on the boat:thumbsup::laugh:

:laugh: yeah it would be a huge flotilla going back instead of coming over.
Unless you've been here you can't realize how many boats there are. Probably at least 3 for every person. And if we run out you know the Cubans can make anything float. :)

Only thing is that the gulfstream flows north not south :banghead:

:laugh: yeah it would be a huge flotilla going back instead of coming over.
Unless you've been here you can't realize how many boats there are. Probably at least 3 for every person. And if we run out you know the Cubans can make anything float. :)

Only thing is that the gulfstream flows north not south :banghead:

That's alot of paddling, at least child labor is ok there. Put the kids to rowing and enjoy the trip!:laugh:

Back