If I am a newb, how bad am I?

I like a nice sounding bike.I rode an 08 with voodoo's and the thing was soo loud it took the pleasure out of it.i thought everyone was staring at me thinking "what the F*** is wrong with his bike". Save up some $$$ and buy a used pair of aftermarket muffler's.My $.02

It's your bike do whatever makes you happy. Some busas go strait to the drag strip, some like mine are turned into touring bikes. Some bikes get 300 rubber out back and wild custom paint, some are turbo'ed and spend life 1 standing mile at a time. Just do what you want to and do not worry about what anybody else says!!

if you like them then put them back on!! every body has their own preferences and i respect what others choose to do to their bikes or what ever. bottom line do what makes you happy!! :thumbsup:

My bike is stock, and I like it that way... You should do what suits you... Plus I just don't have the time to trick another bike out... Do You!

I got the same exhaust. I freakin LOVE it!!!! U can let them know your comin'. Less likely to miss you. I call it a "safety" item. LOL. All in all, Do what YOU love. :thumbsup:

see thats the thing about being a noob - you worry about what everyone else thinks;- after about 35yrs riding you dont give a s@#t and actually think for yourself and do things for your own pleasure. So yes you are bad bad for not folowing your own heart and worrying about what everyone else thinks - WHO CARES ... I dont even care, do what ever you want - is your name Paris ????
The bad part of that is after 35 years of riding I'd hope us older guys would see more of the big picture and realize REALLY loud exhausts p*ss off the public, which gets more laws and scrutiny put on us bikers, and in the end hurts everybody :;): But then after 35 years of riding I guess you could also figure, I'm old enough that I won't be around for the REAL crackdown from all the loud pipes, so I'll just finish out my riding career any damn way I like :laugh:
BTW I've been riding 30 years....and I purposely picked up a yoshi system with the quiet insert left in, because yoshi's are some of the quietest systems out there, but still give good power :thumbsup: I like the sound, it gave a GREAT power gain above 5 grand, huge weight loss that makes the bike feel super nimble on its feet now, my wife will still ride with me because the sound levels reasonable, no dirty looks from the public, and the cops ignore me :beerchug:
But to each their own :laugh: I live out in the country...have been riding forever..and don't have to worry about strict rules coming down on me in my little area in my lifetime. So whatever the rest of you guys do is fine by me :thumbsup: But if I lived in places like florida, or any other congested areas, I'd def be concerned how my fellow bikers with the crazy loud pipes were affecting the laws conerning my rights to ride. You always affect more than yourself with what you do in society........I know I know, nobody wants to hear that....we all just want to do what we want when we want :laugh:
Its really true...kids never grow up....we just get bigger :rofl:

I have a neighbor 3 houses up the block who I can hear when he comes and goes. Hes riding a Gixxer 750. Neighbor diagonally across from me Owns a Harley. Can here him come and go also. I modified my stock Cans(drilled) and they are loud,but not as loud as when I had the Stubby's on. Stubby's were definitely louder then both their rides. Fun for me at first.

As long as your not receiving complaints or that look from your neighbors on the "noise" factor then I wouldn't worry about it. Do what makes you happy.

I'm looking to go voodoo matte black with the inserts (just in case) I don't care what anyone else wants it's my bike. Put em back on if you like em. Remember you can always make new friends :laugh:

i put shorties on mine for a week.i loved the look but just couldnt handle the noise.if you like em rock em:beerchug:

Back