What exhaust SHOULDN'T I get

Avoid those little cheap pipes you see on E-bay that look like somebody modded a chrome car tail pipe. Check with sponsors here they'll tell you what works. For me it's Yosh R-77 CF. But Brock, Hindle, Akro, Ti-Force, etc. are top of the line.

I picked up a pair of Carbon Muzzy slipons from Busa.org member
SR Racing (John)

Just like new!
Shipped to me in Nova Scotia all the way from Texas.

Carbon pipes (slipon or otherwise) always sound big, deep and throaty.

If your considering adding a full system, remember it involves much more than just plumbing.
There is also FI management to be done, and time on a Dyno...

...all for marginal power gains.

I just picked up a pair of 6 month old Hindle Titanium Slip ons, on E-bay for $250.
I'm familiar, with Hindle and expect them to be an excellent compromise.
They should offer a nice deep tone, but I don't expect to notice any amount of power gain.

Hindle_Logo.jpg

I picked up a pair of Carbon Muzzy slipons from Busa.org member

SR Racing (John)

Just like new!

Well I just paid for a full yosh system thru paypal. Now I wait and hope it arrives. It's such a risk to me, sending off money with hopes the guy on the other end doesn't just take the money and the disappears
Shipped to me in Nova Scotia all the way from Texas.

Carbon pipes (slipon or otherwise) always sound big, deep and throaty.

If your considering adding a full system, remember it involves much more than just plumbing.
There is also FI management to be done, and time on a Dyno...

...all for marginal power gains.

I just picked up a pair of 6 month old Hindle Titanium Slip ons, on E-bay for $250.
I'm familiar, with Hindle and expect them to be an excellent compromise.
They should offer a nice deep tone, but I don't expect to notice any amount of power gain.

Hindle_Logo.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

Trust me you will love the way the yosh sounds! I am still a little unsure where to find a map for a rs3. It is probably set up right anyway, will find out soon on the dyno.
Does anyone have an idea what kind of hp numbers my 05 with full race rs3, k=n and pcIII , would make if set up good, so I know if I need to find a map or not?

I have a set of FMF Apex slip-ons for sale if anyone is interested?

They aren't going to make you a ton of power like a full system, but they do shed a ton of weight. More importantly, they are basically new. They were mounted to a new bike on the sales floor and so they have maybe 5, 6 miles on them, tops.

Can send high-res pics as requested.

Retail is $1000, i'm only hoping to see $500 plus shipping to whereever you are.

PM for the details!

I have to agree with some about slip-ons... sure they add nice sound but you can do this with your stock cans. I modded mine (removed the rear cap and drilled 5-6 1/4" holes, cut the ugly insert and reinstall the cap in place). Took about 30min per can (while on the bike) and sounded awesome. It was almost as loud as much full Yoshi line.

I later ended up picking up a Yoshi TRS on eBay for just over $400 shipped. PCIII will run you around $200-250 which you should take into account but the weight savings are definitely worth it IMO (makes the bike bit more responsive).
Maps can be found online tho you may enventually do a dyno session (haven't done mine yet).

Cheers,
Sam

I have a set of FMF Apex slip-ons for sale if anyone is interested?

They aren't going to make you a ton of power like a full system, but they do shed a ton of weight. More importantly, they are basically new. They were mounted to a new bike on the sales floor and so they have maybe 5, 6 miles on them, tops.

Can send high-res pics as requested.

Retail is $1000, i'm only hoping to see $500 plus shipping to whereever you are.

PM for the details!

those are sick pipes, if I had a 600 or new fireblade thats the pipe I would get, throw up some pics would ya!?!

Well according to ups I should have my full yosh. system by friday. The seller also included a PCIII with the deal already pre mapped for this system. I might need to change it again when/if I do the air box mod. I appreciated all the input and will post pics once system is put on.

What Greg is saying is simply; the bigger the pipe or at least the better the flow the more HP you will make. The stock header is the big issue in the exhaust, so slapping slipons on doesn't make a marked improvement except maybe in weight and sound, looks.

The stock airbox and filter flows good. Most full systems come with free maps. My Brocks was shipped with PCIII and map. I'm sure a dyno tune would improve things, but isn't necessarily needed.

Good luck on the install and drop the pair valve and hardware while you're at it for some added weight savings.

What Greg is saying is simply; the bigger the pipe or at least the better the flow the more HP you will make. The stock header is the big issue in the exhaust, so slapping slipons on doesn't make a marked improvement except maybe in weight and sound, looks.

The stock airbox and filter flows good. Most full systems come with free maps. My Brocks was shipped with PCIII and map. I'm sure a dyno tune would improve things, but isn't necessarily needed.

Good luck on the install and drop the pair valve and hardware while you're at it for some added weight savings.

Yeah, I bought some block plates off eBay for the install I just hope they ( the exhaust and block plates arrive at the same time
Posted via Mobile Device

Well thanks to a fellow Hayabusa.org member who helped me get my aftermarket exhaust. Full Yosh. system with a power commander all for the great price of $600 shipped to my door. The way he packaged this sytem was so organized and easy to understand that we had the stock exhaust off and new pipe on with power commader hooked up and ready for a test ride in about 1- 1/2 to 2 hours. Im not sure if that is a fast install or not but I was expecting it to take a lot longer. It just goes to show you what caliber of folks are on the hayabusa.org site. I feel privileged to be a part of this organization.
I have a video and sound clip of the finished product that my buddy e-mailed me from his phone but have no idea how to attach it to this reply

Glad to hear you got a good deal and the install went well. If you can upload the video to your PC, just upload it to you tube. You'll need an account. Then copy the embedding info. Click on the you tube icon and paste the info within it.

I love my TiForce full system but unless you want to toast your plastics I recommend something else. Akro makes a great high flowing exhaust and it fits great.

One tip for you....and this may sound like common sense, but common sense sometimes is anything but common. When you take your old exhaust off at the head, that is the time to do your pair blockoff plates. I had a friend who tried to do them AFTER he put the new exhaust on. Yeah, thats a pain in the a$$.

Why DO they call it common sense when it seems to be anything BUT common sometimes?

I love my TiForce full system but unless you want to toast your plastics I recommend something else. Akro makes a great high flowing exhaust and it fits great.

I noticed the plastic melted on my belly pan after the TiForce upgrade (I was warned this would happen), however after a certain point it stopped so no biggie to me! Other potential areas are protected with exhaust heat tape.

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

Back