What exhaust SHOULDN'T I get

stkflkr

Registered
I have seen all the threads on what exhaust is the best and puts out the most horse power but seriously, I really do not need any more horse power or speed. But I HATE the look of stock. I have an 07 blue Busa that is begging for a new set of cans. So what cans are crap? I seen these white bros. slip on VALE alum. are they any good? I like a good sounding exhaust but can't really afford a $1k system I need your opinions

I have never known this forum to be so quiet when someone is asking for an opinion. Or is it that this topic is just so worn that nobody has the motivation to continue the madness.:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Stay away from slip-ons. They cost almost as much as a full system without the benefit of a HP gain

Stay away from slip-ons. They cost almost as much as a full system without the benefit of a HP gain
?? Slip-ons are $350-800

Full system starts at $800-1800? plus PC3 for $250 and dyno time at $250 , the weight loss is as big a deal as the hp gains if not more..

I sold a set of Microns for $350 delivered.. should have kept them

I said almost as much. And I've never seen a slip on for 350 unless it's used.

If i buy used,,is that bad? Other than a few scratches or dents if a slip on is used, is it possible to buy a ruined exhaust?

Go Stock............And Invest in GOOD Tires and a Suspension Tune. I think you will get More Bang for the Buck that Way. :2cents:

sounds like your lookin for sound and looks. If I'm right go for slip ons. I'm not sure you can go toooo wrong. Do some research on sound and deside.

Good to see you back around bro:beerchug:

sounds like your lookin for sound and looks. If I'm right go for slip ons. I'm not sure you can go toooo wrong. Do some research on sound and deside.

Good to see you back around bro:beerchug:

Yeah I guess you are right. It sounds so bad to say but in reality this bike goes faster than I need it to go so why would I want more horse power. I ride quads as well and I agree with the fact that the money should go towards suspension and handling. But for the hayabusa for me, the suspension is fine. I don't race/drag or knee drag. Not yet anyway. I have only had this bike for a year and it still scares the crap out of me. But I think the stock cans look retarded. I could really careless about sound except the low grumbling rumble at a stoplight is pretty cool. So for right now and probably 2 to 3 years down the road until I get my track classes done. I guess i am just settling for the " I am fast" look.
And thanks it's good to be back. Actually I never really left, just spent all this time reading instead of posting.

Last edited:
I had the Yosh RS-3 slipons on my 07, they sounded pretty nice imo. I picked them up for $275 from a friend. I recently bought a full TiForce system from the same guy and he installed it too! I must say the weight difference with the full ststem is very noticeable, and the power is nice too!:thumbsup:

IMG_4205Small.jpg

IMG_4210Small.jpg

Don't buy the Brocks full system because it drops lots of weight, adds lots of HP, looks and sounds great, and runs about 1K. So don't get one...

Avoid Pit-Eck like the plague...do a search here and you'll see some of the stories from people about them. Piss poor quality....some guys are ok with them but most are not.

Avoid Pit-Eck like the plague...do a search here and you'll see some of the stories from people about them. Piss poor quality....some guys are ok with them but most are not.

This is the kind of info I am looking for. Thanks jdsbusa! I am just looking to get serious input so if you feel the need to try and be funny(dadofthree)...don't. To all others, your experience and opinions are welcome plus if you know someone who has an exhaust that they are wanting to sell, send them my way.

Last edited:
And for the record, I would love to get a full system but i heard that the stainless yosh system....stains. the full titanium systems are a little out of my budget. unless there is someone out there willing to hook a busa brother up?

And for the record, I would love to get a full system but i heard that the stainless yosh system....stains. the full titanium systems are a little out of my budget. unless there is someone out there willing to hook a busa brother up?

i know your pain! i have a 06 and hated the look of the exhaust! i even tryed shortening the factory cans to get some more noise and look different.
it was ok!

i just bidded my time and finally found a full yosi 4 2 1 trs exhaust for $250!!
a couple of dings on the bottom (quick fix) but worth the money! i love it! sounds good, looks good, and makes me want to ride the bike!

but, yes! the trs exhaust does get stained really easy. i steel wool (00 pad) and stainless cleaner it about once a month!

just keep looking on all the boards and local! something will pop up.

your the second one who has found a full system for under $400. I would jump on a deal like that but I must be looking in the wrong spots

your the second one who has found a full system for under $400. I would jump on a deal like that but I must be looking in the wrong spots

i found it on a local street car board! you would be amazed how many people with race cars have bikes also!

find out what your local race/street boards are join and just check there classified sections. not all riders use bike forums to sell. hope thie helps?

it took 6 months to find mine! just be patience, it will happen. :thumbsup:

nothing wrong with stainless...if you get a stain you can rub it out or use some 2000 grit on it and it will shine like a mirror....
we know you must know how to rub one out by now....lol j/k
:rofl:

good to know but other than the blueing color, is there any other "stain" that people are talking about?

I've got a pair of Viper polished oval aluminum bolt-ons in good shape you can have for 300 shipped. They made a nice increase in power combined with my cobra FI2000R and a BMC street filter. They sound nice....deep rumble at idle, and nice growl under acceleration. It sounds like for your needs a pair of good used slip-ons would prolly fill the bill :beerchug:

Last edited:
Back