I think I'm screwed....UGH, any ideas 240 kit

Your supposed to notch the frame for the chain when you do a 240 conversion. Your fine, nothings wrong with your bike other than you having grind alittle on the frame to make room for the chain. NO, it will not break your frame or cause any harm to the bike. Every 240 kit has the frame notching deal. Yep, that means all the Busa's you see with 240's have notched frames. There were a few 240 kits made to avoid notching the frame, but it offset the rear wheel to the right side too much and looked like crap.

Sell the 240 kit and get a 300 or go with a chrome stock wheels and stretched.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is what I like when it comes to forums !!!! No BS opinions just people helping each other to solve A BIKE ISSUE !!:bowdown: do not give up on the bike dude, it is a beautiful bike. My wife has a 240 that has worked great for 7yr. The probLem can be fixed. Someone on the forum has a solution to help. Stay positive man !:thumbsup:

Thanks everyone! Well I picked the bike up late last night and I am going to get you guys pictures today after work! Promise! Well they ground down the frame for me and guess what.....It's hollow! It went thru in one area about the size of a dime or a little less but there is a little hole in my frame now, hope that its fine.. I am no longer running on the frame but I still here something, I think it's the chain running over the front sprocket that I hear. I am going to order the 1/4" offset sprocket today and hope that solves my issue..:please: This whole issue is stressing me out and you guys are the only thing keeping me positive!:cheerleader:

Definately pics of where they went through, mine isnt hollow there

Mine is. :lol: I went a lil deep in one spot, hasn't caused any problems.
Lots of pics and we'll get it sorted for ya, don't make me ride up there, you'll have a crazy frog to deal with!

Dont order a new front Sprocket till we see what's goin on in there. If its an offset one already, not need for another one. If its not, then your frame will have to be ground down more as the chain is running at an angle, front to rear.
Droid via Tapatalk

Mine is. :lol: I went a lil deep in one spot, hasn't caused any problems.
Lots of pics and we'll get it sorted for ya, don't make me ride up there, you'll have a crazy frog to deal with!

Dont order a new front Sprocket till we see what's goin on in there. If its an offset one already, not need for another one. If its not, then your frame will have to be ground down more as the chain is running at an angle, front to rear.
Droid via Tapatalk

I may very well need the crazy frog to ride up because I need somebody with experience! I will put the pics up when I get home, but other wise I'm lost.

You made me do this

this thread is useless without pics.jpg

_cfimg1261274691479299128.JPG

:whistle: ok here my 2 cent i think you have a spacer issues inside the wheel or you might need to undone the whole rear and start over that way you can reline everthing right :cheerleader:

Jesus man!! Who the hell CUT your frame! That's WAY over notched.

doesn't look like it's notched out all that far to me. hard to tell in a few pix, but i'd notch it a bit further and ride on. that and pull that 240 in just a hair.

If you dump your bike and dent or gouge the frame it's usually a total.

If you install a 240 kit you have to grind a hole thru the frame, but it's not a problem?

Back