I think I'm screwed....UGH, any ideas 240 kit

fasteddieboy

Registered
I bought my bike with this 240 kit already installed. I don't know the brand of the kit or where it came from. The chain was rubbing on the frame. Now it is ground down as much as you can go and still rubbing the frame. The bike shop that its at just called me and said there is nothing more they can do with it. It may be a spacing issue? But I don't know where to begin. If you go any closer in then the chain is on the wheel. Any farther out and it's farther on the frame!! The back wheel has to be cocked a little just to keep the chain on and it has to be overtightened.. I wanna cry! Am I screwed here? Anybody wanna buy her? I'll let it go to get my money back if you think you can fix it. At this point i have $7500 in it, I've owned it 1week.

new busa.jpg

Get us some pics from the back and up close of front sprocket, chain going into frame etc. I fought alot of the same problems with mine man dont get discouraged we'll get you figured out, fixed up and loving it:thumbsup:

That sucks man.. but keep the hope alive there are a bunch of good people on here and I'm sure someone has the answer for you.

The previous owner is playing dumb about everything. He don't even remember if he's ever changed the sprockets.. very unhelpful person!
It's at the shop now and they can't figure it out either or they just don't want to. They did grind the frame more tho. It's a little more than 1/4inch. Can't go any further. I will be picking it up after work today and will take lots of close up pics and put them on here. Thanks Bigbaddodge for the hope!

Frame grinding is pretty common with a fat tire, we need pics so we can see. All is not lost, just need to see it and figure it out.

These guys can get the job done, do not worry about it. Just post a lot of pics and describe every detail you can.

The bike shop that has it said that it's the stock sprocket with a spacer behind it....does this sound right? Thanks for all the advise everyone!

Are you supposed to notch the underside too because now the chain is rubbing on the underside of the chain
Posted via Mobile Device

any path of frame the chain runs along will need to be ground, even the bolts that will stick through from the rearset will need to be shortened. Its been awhile since i've been in the front of mine but spacer behind the sprocket doesnt sound right, infact if my memory recalls that doesnt even sound safe!!

Should be a 1/4" offset sprocket up there the one saygbye posted will work

I spent the first week i got my bike all pissed off cause the stretch and wide tire setup wasnt done correctly and these guys helped me through it, surely we can get ya going

Back