I am going Turbo..and..

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Yes, it's true. R8 is going Turbo. I plan on taking my time, reading and counting on the Sponsors and Members of this forum and SH.org. I'm giving my self one (1) month for install due to time and money.
winkold.gif

I bought this kit from ZX-Alan:  
shake.gif

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=126539.0

Now let me first say that Alan is just a stand up guy. Many emails, PM messages and phone calls and a deal was struck. Won't get into cost but this is complete down to oil pan, vacuum lines, t-fittings etc. Alan is going to put in a 6 pound spring and keep the 10. Basically plug and play. The only problem I will have is a good tuner in my area. I have an email into Power Commander located in Vegas. Any suggestions appreciated.

Members: My eyes hurt from reading on this subject from both boards. I know with the help from all of you things will go well. Yes, I am a definite newbie! Repeat.  
newbie.gif

Any advice is appreciated. Parts wanted listed below.

Sponsors: I'll be ordering parts off and on for the next few weeks while Alan gets his end together. He is waiting on a Stage 2 kit. Off the top of my head I will be looking for the following.

1)New spark plugs.(might as well)
2)Engine Ice. (or equivalent)
3)Alan mentioned something called the "Swedish clutch springs". I'm lost on this one. We are tracking this down now.
4)Would like to find an exhaust system as I am not sure I'll run dump pipes yet. Any used or best price on new?
5)Exhaust head stud mounting kit. Don't want those suckers coming lose.
6)AN fittings to be used in gas tank since you have to drill and tap. Anyone have a spare fuel pump for an 03 would make the job easier.
7) Anything else I can think of that will fit on the VISA card.  
laugh.gif

Thank you for your time in this project. I'll be tracking this thread to avoid missing any great information. I wanted to keep this under wraps but soon realized I need your input.  
shake.gif

Yes, it's Turbo Time!  
thumb_up.gif

Thank you.

r8

shake.gif

I would use your stock springs and take my chances unless you are plannign to drag race. McXpress directly can get those springs for you or Seb at NLR but they are not cheap

billet sprocket cover at this point is a necessity as well as a better than stock chain

studs I can get you at napa if you don't have one there

same with the plugs

Not sure why you would need AN fittings personally

exhaust system. contact richard at RCC.

I would use your stock springs and take my chances unless you are plannign to drag race. McXpress directly can get those springs for you or Seb at NLR but they are not cheap

billet sprocket cover at this point is a necessity as well as a better than stock chain

studs I can get you at napa if you don't have one there

same with the plugs

Not sure why you would need AN fittings personally

exhaust system. contact richard at RCC.
>I would use your stock springs and take my chances unless you are plannign to drag race. McXpress directly can get those springs for you or Seb at NLR but they are not cheap

Think they will hold up? Just going with what I have read.

>billet sprocket cover at this point is a necessity as well as a better than stock chain

Have a CM sprocket cover to install. Chain is a 530 ZVX2 with about 2000 miles on it.

>studs I can get you at napa if you don't have one there

Part number? Napa closed here but one South of me. Same on plugs.

>exhaust system. contact richard at RCC.

Email sent. Shopping around for used if you hear of any.

>Not sure why you would need AN fittings personally

All fittings are incuded except the one for the bottom of the tank. 90 degree fitting for fuel.

Thanks Gary. Thoughts so far?

r8

Gang, I am open to all and any ideas here. Would just ask that the thread doesn't get to carried away by "who is right or who is wrong" in their way of thinking.
cool.gif

r8

Have you got plans of taking it to the track?  Surprised you didn't mention the turbo on the phone last night
poke.gif
No track time. Just a daily rider.
thumb_up.gif

Well, I was going to keep hush hush on it but to many questions. Alan has been a tremendous help and between him and me should go smoothly.

I always like another perspective from someone else who has "been there and done that" however.
thumb_up.gif

r8

thumb_up.gif

Come to think of it Sam I called Alan right after you called and finalized the deal.

r8

just put in like 3 new heavy duty clutch springs and try it out that is what i have done for now and it makes alot of difference. i believe you can get them from ape

Back