How much do you have?

How much do you have? - Education that is?

• Didn't finish high school/ no Ged

Votes: 110 100.0%

• Total voters
What mom and dad make shouldn't have anything to do with academic scholarships. A 3.5 in my opinion is worth an academic ride. Gerogia only requires a 3.0 and the state will pay 100% of your tuition and give you $100 for books.

B.S. In Pro Aero from ERAU (Couple of us in here, sweet!) with minors in Labor Economics, Airport Planning and Design and Logistics;
M.B.A. Specializing in Management and about a year and a half towards a Ph.D. in Business Administration.

Here are a few unqualified comments about education:
1. You can absolutely be successful in business without a degree, but you have to have something special to compensate for it; some natural skill or characteristic - sometimes even a monster work ethic isn't enough.
2. Education and intelligence are NOT the same in MHO. Some of the smartest, most intelligent and functional people that I have ever met, are thankful they ever made it out of high school.
3. Adults who go to school (or go back to school) are generally more appreciative of the opportunity to get educated.
4. The value that I have found in a couple of years of schooling beyond High School is how much your horizons are broadened, not only by the subjects taken, but by the interaction you have with other students from differing backgrounds. The world is a much bigger place that what we can see on a daily basis, but our view screen is growing, quickly!

+1 MC! I believe that you can go places with even just a high school diploma, GED or little high school. Some people have some awesome talents that I wished I had and they've never been to college. I do not look down at anyone for that at all. I fall right there under #2. I left for boot camp a month after I graduated high school and I joined in my junior year. I couldn't stand high school but that didn't make me a less intelligent person. I was bright and I knew I wasn't going to college because of my laziness- at least I had my head on straight. After I reenlisted I started college at 22 at ERAU and I graduated with a 3.5 GPA, made the Dean's List twice and Honor Roll thrice because I appreciated it. I went to night classes with guys who have been retired from the Air Force for a few years or were about to retire and they were so smart. I'm glad I did what I did and I have no regrets!

man i dropped out in the 9th grade and havent looked back now i am tattooed white trash no just kidding i graduated with a 3.5 and then went to the mil

Not to threadjack, but on this note-

My son is graduating from High School with a 3.5 GPA and a 28 composite ACT, and has been accepted to the University of Arkansas College of Engineering.

He is eligible for ZERO scholarships, or financial aid. We are completely on our own to pay for his education.

Is it just me, or is there something very wrong with this system?  
rock.gif
Thats how the system works. Graduated HS with a 3.6. My parents make to much money so I didn't get any scholarships or financial aid. And now here i am with a 100K loan to pay back in the next 30 years. My parents did pay for my food during my 5 years of eduation but thats where they cut the rope. Hell they even had a plate breaking serimony when I left for school.

Yea I have a big loan but I still think it was the best decision for me. I have a hell of a job and had an expiernce of a life time.

Back