How many are riding two up?

My wife and I have ridden two up at the Bash for three trips now.

Its a double edged sword for me; 1) it slows me down and takes away some of my 'daring'. 2) it slows me down and takes away some of the likelyhood that I will wreck or get a ticket - she has a wonderful, built in speed control of slapping my helmet!

Riding a Busa, two up, on the Dragon, in the rain?
Priceless... and I have done it!

That said, if'n my wife had a bike I would MAKE her take it!
I'm a big chicken and I'm not ashamed to admit it.  
tounge.gif
Come on Dawn, the four of us (on two bikes) were rolling pretty good at one point. Remember when you guys made the mistake of following me thinking I knew where I was going.........and we missed a turn!

My wife and I have ridden two up at the Bash for three trips now.

Its a double edged sword for me; 1) it slows me down and takes away some of my 'daring'. 2) it slows me down and takes away some of the likelyhood that I will wreck or get a ticket - she has a wonderful, built in speed control of slapping my helmet!

Riding a Busa, two up, on the Dragon, in the rain?
Priceless... and I have done it!

That said, if'n my wife had a bike I would MAKE her take it!
I'm a big chicken and I'm not ashamed to admit it.  
tounge.gif
Come on Dawn, the four of us (on two bikes) were rolling pretty good at one point. Remember when you guys made the mistake of following me thinking I knew where I was going.........and we missed a turn!
LOL
laugh.gif
I forgot about that.

I don't mind riding 2 up like Randy does.....I'm just too chicken to get my own bike.

Ask him about the time I almost seriously hurt myself on our son's honda 70 dirt bike......it was sorta funny but could have really been bad.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

And if you would like some help with lines through the Gap, let me know... I will be more than happy to help.
It's my first trip up. I will take all the help I can get!
You got it. I am more than happy to help people enjoy the road in my backyard.

Remember it is not about the pace...it is about the smiles per mile.
Kevin rocks!
Wife will be wife me most of the time on the Busa.

But the R1 has no rear pegs...heheheheheh.......

The wife is still not sure if she is coming or Not, She hates the turns LOL, and hates the back of the bike even more, She likes her own bike. But she want to take the car to Cherokee to gamble for the day on Saturday.

Been Riding there for years 2 up with the wife ,will be doing it again this year ,she loves it ..

I dont think my daughter Halie will be with me this spring, but I hope she will come up for Saturday night anyway. Here is a pic of one of our first trips to the gap. Great times spent together.

gaphalie05_001_25_.JPG

Here is one of Halie and Grandpabusa at the Bash in 2006. If you are wondering about whether or not to bring you child, do it. The people are great, just look at this picture, everyone makes them feel at home with the group.
smile.gif
Also, you will make some very good memories that I am sure you will always treasure.

Tim

Busabashapril06_07935.JPG

How many of ya'll are going to be riding two up?

My wife is trying to decide if she wants to ride two up or take her V-Star 650. She's worried about keeping up with the busa's and I told her not to because I would stay with her but she's undecided. Either way we will probably trailer the bike(s) up there and drive it in 1 day.
Not to worry, the speed limit is 30 and strictly enforced
whistling.gif

Dan, we are bringing Juli's bike too, but she may ride 2-up most of the time. I dont care if she never gets her bike off the trailer, we will have a great time regardless.
beerchug.gif

I've been sharing the threads with her about both the number of two ups and new riders so she is ready to hit the road.

Since we are getting the enclosed trailer, I'm a lot more comfortable about just leaving her bike locked up if she just wants to sit back and enjoy the ride.

How many more days until the bash???

I've been sharing the threads with her about both the number of two ups and new riders so she is ready to hit the road.  

Since we are getting the enclosed trailer, I'm a lot more comfortable about just leaving her bike locked up if she just wants to sit back and enjoy the ride.

How many more days until the bash???
Too many!
banghead.gif

I'll be bringing up 4 bikes, 3 Busas and a Hog. My wife, sister,brother-in-law (Hog)and me.It should be fun, we can't wait to meet all of you plus reunite with some of our past busa buddies.
ThumbsUp.gif

Rocky decided that he was too lazyto ride all those turns and wanted to ride on the back with me. I told him not to worry, I've got two handles in the front that he can hold onto!

Back