Question for those who ride two up?

jessup

Just because the dog eats it doesnt mean
Donating Member
Registered
If you ride two up alot please give me your opinion. I bought a front corbin and a rear with a back rest... I feel like my wife is towering over me when she is on the back. What is the proper placement for her hands (insert your own dirty joke) when riding? She grips my pockets on my jacket and when I brake I feel like she is pushing me forward right above the hips( right where your jacket pockets are) Makes me really uncomfortable and I feel like she could shift my arms if I braked to hard and effect my steering abiltiy. Someone give me a proper rear passenger position tutorial. Much appreciated! Gonna put the stocker back on and see if that lowers her at all also.

I tried out my friends busa with a corbin seat and I didn't like it. Was as hard as a #####'s heart.

I don't ride two up very much but when i do, I have the passenger reach around me and place the palms of their hands on the tank. It keeps their weight off me when braking. It also keeps their weight off me when in the cruise mode.

When you brake she can put her hands on your tank (only if you have tank protector) and NO Rings. There's also a space between the seat and bike on the sides, mine uses.....

My wife typically wraps her fingers through my belt loops or tucks her hands in my back pockets. Can't see how this comfortable, but she says it is. She's learned to "lean" her weight back a little when braking, and the only time she's "pushing" on me is if it's unexpected stop. I've learned to expect it and compensate unconsciously. Then again, my wife also "works" with me when riding. I have several friends who hate riding with their wives, as they say they they seem to "fight" the bike. My wife used to ride, so she gets it.

I have stock seat on mine, and the wife is a big girl (5'10"). Even with the stock seat, she does seem to "tower" over me, as you put it, but I've gotten used to it.

Try pming "warbrown".  Warren has some experience riding two-up with the corbin setup.
rock.gif

Da bugs been using the Corbin set-up for over three years......

I have a Corbin rear seat with backrest and my wife rides with me most of the time.

Two ways that your passenger can take the weight off you when braking:

1) Reach around you and put the hands on the tank to brace themselves.

or

2) My wife's preferred method - squeeze with her thighs to stop herself from sliding forward.

In sudden stops the passenger doesn't have time to do anything except slide up against you. Try to anticipate/communicate stops/braking so you can work as a team.

Brake and accelerate smoothly/predictably and you'll have less of the nut-crushing experiences...
smile.gif

Thanks for the responses! She really has to get used to it I guess... As do I. I think the stock seat may be the best bet for the height difference... Thanks again!

when I bought my busa, the wife and I rode it for about 5 miles and she informed me that it wasn't happenin' again till I got her another corbin rear. She was used to my ZX-10 with a rear Corbin. Turned right around and went and ordered a rear corbin. Problem solved. She is a fantastic rear passanger and I trust her. Having said that she puts her hands on the gas tank when stopping and around my waist any other time.

Back