How do raise the rear of the busa?

BoricuaBusa33

Formerly "oneilldn"
Registered
Hey guys, I got some dog bones to raise the rear of the bike, but how can I raise it without using a rear stand since the swing arm needs to come down once I take off the factory links,,,,, Is there a safe place that I can use a floor jack? Thanks....:thumbsup:

rub the hump and whisper sweet nothings in its tail pipe, should give plenty of opening for your bones..... :rofl:

run a bar clear through the swing arm bolt and set it on jackstands about 2" off the ground..

That'll do it... Or you could see if Ian at Redline will send out his new stand for you to test. :whistle:

rub the hump and whisper sweet nothings in its tail pipe, should give plenty of opening for your bones..... :rofl:

run a bar clear through the swing arm bolt and set it on jackstands about 2" off the ground..

:rofl:

Sorry for my :poke: brains, but do you mean I need to take out the bolt holding the swing arm and insert a bar instead?

Nooooooo. You can run a steel bar straight through where the swingarm bolts up. The hole where the swingarm bolts up goes all the way through the bike, side to side. That's where the bar goes. Put a jack stand under each end of it the bar once it's through.

Last edited:
Man... you guys are great....I can't believe I was about to take the swing arm apart :poke:...LOL...

Thanks much....:beerchug::thumbsup:

When I raised my k8 I cracked the bolts on the ground, put it on the rear stand and chained to rear off the roof. Worked a treat

I put mine on the rear stand and then used a floor jack directly beneath the shock. That allowed me to raise/lower the shock to easily align the dogbones. :2cents:

Back