How jack up the rear

eynlai

Registered
I just bought a PitBull rear stand. I have spool sliders on. But I can't get the damn bike up on it! I had my nephew help by trying to jack it up while I'm holding the bike straight.

Okay, I know I've seen a posting on how to jack up the rear on a stand, but I can't find it. Anyone can help point me to it? Or tell how to properly use the rear stand?

Thanks

Here's my method. I stand on the left side of the bike at the rear seat and move the stand into position. Reach across and grab the right side of the bike (or grab bar if it is on) and straighten the bike up. Then align the sliders with the grooves in the stand and push down. It takes some getting used to for fear of the bike falling, but once the sliders are in place you will be okay. Don't know if that is different from what you have been trying, but it works for me and takes about 30 seconds at the most. Take your time and be careful, especially in the beginning.

I held my Busa while my wife tried to pushed down on my rear stand when I first got it. She couldn't lift the rear using all of her weight. I guess you need a decent pair to lift a Busa.
laugh.gif

I just bought a PitBull rear stand.  I have spool sliders on.  But I can't get the damn bike up on it!  I had my nephew help by trying to jack it up while I'm holding the bike straight.  

Okay, I know I've seen a posting on how to jack up the rear on a stand, but I can't find it.  Anyone can help point me to it?  Or tell how to properly use the rear stand?

Thanks
I leave the kick stand down, grab the rear bar or hump. Position rear stand, push down - up comes the rear. Going down is a little more scarey but just make sure kick stand is down and make sure it leans to the left ... are you able to position it correctly? Just cant lift it?

Back