HID problem

Screwy

Registered
Hi guys,I've fitted HIDs to my busa and mounted the ballast box on top of the nose cone under cover ( inspection cover) occasionally when I turn my lights on my clocks sweep again and my clock resets? Is this a common fault,I placed the ballast there so it's well away from delicat electrics, I haven't fitted a relay I just connected it up to the standard wiring,thanks for your help guys. Screwy:)

I installed everything as far away from cluster as I could I also have a relay harness, not sure if that would make a difference

I think there is some sort of foil that blocks the EM interface. It is expensive though.

I bought the cheap xentec ebay ballast and had the gauge cluster issue, also they wouldn't last long due to inadequate heat sinks.

If you did buy the cheap ones. Go back and buy the slim ballast (the entire case is a heatsink and metal). And mount them to the right intake tube. That way you can stop chasing your tail.

Move the ballast as far away from the ECU and the gauges as possible. Its causing interference. Hope this helps!

-D

No issues with my H.I.d except the dash lights wouldn't come on after install. I Know after installing you should disconnect the battery & reconnect and that fixes the dashlight problem.

Phillips xenon makes a harness that you can move the ballasts away from the gauges.

http://www.philipsxenon.com/philips...-bulb-and-ballast-extension-wiring-kit-p-1299

I would stay away from DDM Tuning, their items have went down hill. I had nothing but problems with their wiring (small, thin, undersized wire with cheap connectors), and problematic ballasts (went through 3 in less than a month on the vehicles that they were installed on). Took over three weeks to receive replacements.

Good information. I just decided to stay away from the HIDs and have done just fine :laugh:

Back