help on block off plates

ajm

Registered
I have a stupid question. Is the engine block trying to push or pull air from the block off holes? I am making block off plates from the old pump and was wondering how much pressure is comming or going from the block off holes.

ajm

noflame.gif

You are a good person Greg.

My Webpage

This link will explain the purpose of the pair valve and what it does. Just like the old thermacter pumps, injects air into the exhaust port or into the exhaust manifold.

beerchug.gif

(dmrowe @ Feb. 06 2007,19:17) You are a good person Greg.

My Webpage

This link will explain the purpose of the pair valve and what it does. Just like the old thermacter pumps, injects air into the exhaust port or into the exhaust manifold.

beerchug.gif
Thanks! Some may disagree
wink.gif

Good looking site.

Thanks Heavy for showing me how to make block offs. I got hung by someone I bought an exhaust system from that was suppose to send them as well. I did'nt know if there was to much pressure to bend them over or what to do.
Thanks for cutting me some slack guys on the post.

ajm

(ajm @ Feb. 06 2007,20:29) Thanks Heavy for showing me how to make block offs. I got hung by someone I bought an exhaust system from that was suppose to send them as well. I did'nt know if there was to much pressure to bend them over or what to do.
Thanks for cutting me some slack guys on the post.

ajm
anytime, let me know if you need more detail.

GMBusa did a great job on these.
beerchug.gif

I was going to bend mine as pictured, but instead I just ground them off flush and used a thick exhaust gasket-type material (metal sandwiched in between graphite), cut to fit, and bolted on.

(jjmetheny @ Feb. 07 2007,07:06) A 6mm tap and bolt works great. Some use a self tapping type bolt so they don't have to tap the hole.
If you want metal shaving in your block !
sad.gif

(Rhythm @ Feb. 07 2007,08:31)
(jjmetheny @ Feb. 07 2007,07:06) A 6mm tap and bolt works great. Some use a self tapping type bolt so they don't have to tap the hole.
sad.gif
+1 you're going to get some metal shavings into your engine
AAAssjani.gif

(BA BUSA @ Feb. 07 2007,11:39)
(Rhythm @ Feb. 07 2007,08:31)
sad.gif
+1 you're going to get some metal shavings into your engine
AAAssjani.gif
Good call, glad the experts are here.
ok.gif

(ajm @ Feb. 06 2007,14
zzwhip.gif
) I have a stupid question.  Is the engine block trying to push or pull air from the block off holes?  I am making block off plates from the old pump and was wondering how much pressure is comming or going from the block off holes.

ajm
You can get these from Schnitz or pinch off the stock tubes  
wink.gif
link

Back