pair valve block offs

mcneece

Registered
so i was parusing schnitz before i order a pc3 and brocks alien head, and came up with a question:

$35 for schnitz plates with gaskets:
Block Off Plate, Air Injection, Suzuki Hayabusa - Schnitz   Schnitz Motorsports Inc

$60 for brocks plates with gaskets:
Block Off Plate, Air Injection, Suzuki Hayabusa - Brock   Schnitz Motorsports Inc

...or $15 shipped for these (and just use grey permatex):
Hayabusa Pair Valve block-offs:eBay Motors (item 150388043340 end time Nov-18-09 01:42:44 PST)

i'm not trying to be a cheapass or anything, but they are just plates, right? any reason to spend an extra $45 for something that should essentially do the same job?

Thanks.

You need a 1/2" and 1/4" hose cap from Home Depot
and gaskets you can use hightemp stuff instead.

The only diff I found in the plates, is what looks nice and shiny and what doesn't.

P.S. Read the threads in "Engine and Performance".

I want to say GMbusa just cut the tubes, bent them back over and brazed them. $0.00

technically you can do the same job for the price of a marble... there is a 10mm or so size hose on the right rear side of the airbox.. stuff a marble or some type of plug in it, reinstall on airbox and walk away... you are done.. (Gen1 bikes)

actually there are pics posted of this....

posted per JohnnyCheese:
12x3/4" self tapping screws at home depot $1.29

Thank You Bogus I was just not going to Put Johnny's name in this that is what he uses all the time I have seen him do it hundreds of times :beerchug:

Thank You Bogus I was just not going to Put Johnny's name in this that is what he uses all the time I have seen him do it hundreds of times :beerchug:
Yea I wouldnt have but he has a post here he signed his name too so figured it was safe :)

off topic but would love to visit his shop.. got great rep..

Last edited:
update: brocks shortmeg, pc3 w/ brocks map, pair valve removal/blockoff plates, airbox mod, oil change and coolant flush for good measure. couldn't be happier. sounds like a monster.

Tap the holes to 6mm 1.0 by 8mm
With crush washers

stuff 013 (Small).jpg

Back