Pair Valve Block-off Dimensions

05calibusa

Registered
Can anyone on this forum tell me the dimensions of the pair valve block off plates for a GEN1? All I need to know is center-to-center on the holes and the diameter. I have searched the entire www and I can't find the dims. I have seen all the threads that say "$20", but I want to make them myself. I am hoping that there might be someone out there that has thier fairings off or is working on an engine that can take a couple dimensions with a caliper.
Thanks

Can anyone on this forum tell me the dimensions of the pair valve block off plates for a GEN1? All I need to know is center-to-center on the holes and the diameter. I have searched the entire www and I can't find the dims. I have seen all the threads that say "$20", but I want to make them myself. I am hoping that there might be someone out there that has thier fairings off or is working on an engine that can take a couple dimensions with a caliper.
Thanks

Quite simple. But do you care of keeping the pair valve system completely intact or going to reuse it for some reason?

Just break the tubes going to the stock pair blocks. Then you can use anything you want to plug up the hole. I myself just used aluminum weld to fill the holes like the Durafix which all you need is a small propane torch to heat up the blocks.....simple simon. But if you want to go cheaper, plug it with the appropriate size bolt with some RTV.

if you're going to make your own you should just grab the measurements from your engine...
There's so many ways you can DIY.
Tap and put a screw in each hole.
Just disconnect and plug the line to the airbox.
etc...

The problem is that the bike is my daily driver and I don't want to tear it down unless I have the block off plates ready to go. I have access to materials, mills, drills, etc, so I really would like to make up a set of plates while I'm at work and slap them on over the weekend. I would like to keep the pair in tact. I also saw a thread on "self tapping" screws, but the screw size didn't make sense. I would also be willing to go that route, but I need to know the exact screw size. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks

Self tapping stainless steel bolts.

MVC-001F-1.jpg

That looks very clean...thanks for the pic. I think there was another thread that listed the size. I'm going to home depot today, so I will pick some up. By the way, the reason I'm removing the pair is that I made some shortys out of a pair of stock cans and I was getting an occaisional backfire (real loud!!!). I read that the pair removal would take care of this.

Back