Helmet Law

Florida, the law requires that all riders younger than 21 years wear helmets, without exception. Those 21+ may ride without helmets only if they can show proof that they are covered by a medical insurance policy.

Yeah but it's not enforced. You see TONS & TONS of people without helmets, never
ever heard of someone getting ticketed or stopped and checked.

Heck most of 'em don't even know the law, just figure helmets not required.

Yeah but it's not enforced. You see TONS & TONS of people without helmets, never
ever heard of someone getting ticketed or stopped and checked.

Heck most of 'em don't even know the law, just figure helmets not required.

The law is enforced, and it's a criminal offense not traffic offense when they get you. They don't go around stopping people without helmets an asking them for insurance. But when you get stopped for something and are not wearing a lid they do ask you for insurance with your registration. You get PTA or arrested for the offense not just a ticket :laugh: Up to the LEO to hit you with the book or slap on the hand :)

Last edited:
gotta be 21 here in TX and carry "I THINK" $10k in insurance that covers a M/C accident.
I personally think helmets as well as seat belts should be optional for adults.

It wasn't like that in 00. Unless it changed I was 19 and had an accident with regular insurance.

NO HELMETS=NO BRAINS:spank:

pa u can go without a helmet if you have taken the safety course . if you went to dmv for lisence than you have to have it for two years before you can ride without it. passengers must have the same credentials to go without a lid. personally you are a fool if you dont wear a brain bucket. it is always that "mile away from home" story that you allways hear. i wear my bucket no matter how far i am going.

Here in Georgia, helmet is required.

I prefer when on a cruiser to be without.

When I am on the Busa I were my safety gear.

But Overall, it should be a personal choice, not another government mandate.

Every time I see this topic come up, I have to ask the question, what do you think people are saying about us? We ride the most dangerous bike in the world, and regardless of helmet or not, our life expectancy is a great deal shorter than cagers.

People look at us and say "stupid!"

But you know what, everyone has their vices. Some people drive without seatbelts. Others boat without life preservers. Some even skydive and let others pack their chutes.

It's one thing to call something stupid, but you need only look at your own situation and wonder if others aren't calling you stupid as well. Everyone takes risks and there's always someone to call those risks stupid. I wear my helmet 99% of the time, but when that 1% time comes around, I would like to think you guys are bright enough to look at your own situation and reserve judgement for those that truly deserve it....like squids. Some of us take great care to ride safely, helmet or not.

Last edited:
Iowa currently has no helmet law, although they are expected to make it mandatory for those under 18 soon.

Like condoms, I'd be lying if I said I wore one everytime...but more often than not you'll see me with it on. I try to buy 'em as cool and stylish as I can so it's a temptation to put to on. I spent a lot of time playing football and had a coach freshman year in HS that made us have 'em on once we walked outta the lockerroom and couldn't take 'em off until we got back there, so thankfully wearing a helmet is really no big deal for me. Wow, I guess that @$$#0le really did help me out in the long run like he always professed...who knew. ???

Iowa currently has no helmet law, although they are expected to make it mandatory for those under 18 soon.

Like condoms, I'd be lying if I said I wore one everytime...but more often than not you'll see me with it on. I try to buy 'em as cool and stylish as I can so it's a temptation to put to on. I spent a lot of time playing football and had a coach freshman year in HS that made us have 'em on once we walked outta the lockerroom and couldn't take 'em off until we got back there, so thankfully wearing a helmet is really no big deal for me. Wow, I guess that @$$#0le really did help me out in the long run like he always professed...who knew. ???

I dont like condoms, its like taking a shower with a rain coat on.

It makes me laugh you guys will wear a helmet for playing a game of football but you don't wear one on a bike like the BUSA. I'd rather be punched and kicked in the face 10 times rather than crash with no skid lid.:banghead:

just an opinion, just like an a$$hole, everyone has one and each to their own....but when i downed my bike, i inspected my helmet afterwards. chips and chunks were missing considering my helmet bounced on pavement. glad it was the helmet instead of my chips and chunks out of my head.:easy:

As I mentioned before, I don't like wearing a helmet inside city (unless it's the law). but passenger not wearing helmet is stupid. In most of the crashes the passenger dies as their body doesn't get time to react.

I never could understand, why do most on crotch rockets and sportsbike mostly always wear a helmet and guys on harley's hardly ever wear a helmet?

Back