• I would vote for a national helmet law

Votes: 303 100.0%
  • I would vote against a national helmet law

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wear the helmet or die!
Aug 17, 2005, car runs stop sign, I hit it at 50 mph. left jacket at home (110 degrees out), road rash up & down both arms. Wearing helmet, saved my life! see photo.
Two weeks ago good friend with his wife, on their Harley hit a car at 20 mph. Too cool to ware gear except a due-rag, he broken collor bone and shattered wrist. Her in hospital for 4 days broken nose crushed bones around eye socket!
Yes wear the gear! mad.gif

helmet_sm.JPG

Against, especially for 21+. I prefer the right to choose. As an adult, I believe in being responsible for my own actions.

I would have agreed with you a few years ago but how about the squid that is half alive and needs medical help the rest of his life! You know the one you and I have to pay for with higher taxes. Its easy to say I want to be responsible for myself but most people will NOT TAKE responsiblity for their won actions.

Against! I always ride with one, even in states with no helmet law. But I believe it should be a personal decision to wear one or not.

What's the difference between the gov't passing a helmet law for bikers and the gov't passing a seat belt law for cagers? Where's the outcry for personal freedom in the cage?

I would vote against it...

Its your choice...and I think it should be your choice when you are driving and seat belts too...

I vote against a national helmet law and for a national road racing school law. Everyone should have to learn the capabilities, both pro and con, of motorcycle riding and the consequesnces of their actions. I think a lot more people would wear helmets. rock.gif

I would vote for a national helmet law if it had a rider on the bill that said we could split lanes of traffic in all 50 states. White lining is illegal in Nevada and that irritates me. mad.gif

I do not view seat belt and helmet laws as BIG government...it should be common sense.

A seat belt likely saved my life years ago but wearing a belt or helmet should be "common" sense and for the "common" good of everybody. If not wearing a seat belt or helmet only effected those that did not wear them I would be okay with that, but in reality it does. Sof for the common good of everybody I believe a law should exist.

Let nature take it course.. Clean the algae out of the Gene Pool!laugh.gif

It seems I am in the majority on this question. I would vote against it. It should be an individual who decides to wear or not to wear. One caveat though, everyone under the age of 21 should be required to wear a helmet.
Florida is like that, must be 21 to be dumb enough to not wear a helmet. I myust admit, a slow cuize down the strip at the beach = no helmet, a fast pop to the store (just about 3 blocks of back roads for me) alot of the time = no helmet. BUT 99% of the time helm is on! Helms have saved me more than once.

Who's digging up all these ancient threads, anyway voted for a national helmet law, there's no doubt it's hard to survive without the gear, especially the brain bucket, not to mention everyone that buys insurance pays for the extensive injuries and deaths caused by not wearing.

do i have to pay for lifetime care for the dummy that rides without and gets beaned?

Old polls, new thoughts rofl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back