• I would vote against a national helmet law

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
My question is not whether you wear a helmet. Nor is it whether you would wear it if there wasn't a law in your state.  

My question is how would you vote on a national helmet law? Assume that if it failed, all state helmet laws would be wiped out, and if it passed, all states would abide by the helmet law.

Please, no lectures. We have all heard it all many times. This is more a question on opinions regarding personal choice and freedoms. How would YOU vote?

My prediction...45% would vote for the law, and 55% would vote against it. But that is the reason for the poll isn't it?

I would vote against it. I think it should be left up to person riding

Gov. shouldn't be involved at this level. Let nature weed out the idoits.

I would vote against it. It would be cool if it also required that anyone without health coverage would loose their license until they were able to repay any medical expenses associated with an accident. Actually this should apply to all protective gear, not just a helmet. Garnish them wages, impound the bike and put a lien against that trailer. umnik.gif

I would vote against it.  It would be cool if it also required that anyone without health coverage would loose their license until they were able to repay any medical expenses associated with an accident.  Actually this should apply to all protective gear, not just a helmet.  Garnish them wages, impound the bike and put a lien against that trailer. umnik.gif
outjustout,

What you said??? umnik.gif

umnik.gif

Against!

It would be putting each state under a 'One World Order' that stinks terribly of Big Brother total control! bluegrab.gif

I wish there was no law that reqiured helmets...I would chose dependant on what my plans were for a particular ride...Say my intent is to pick up a female wearing double daisy dukes...Shat no helmet that day...

I don't like it when people try to legislate intelligence. We should be allowed to be as stupid as we want to be.

I'd vote against it because I believe that those that do not want to wear one should have the choice.
I personally will always wear a helmet on the street regardless of what the law says.

It seems I am in the majority on this question. I would vote against it. It should be an individual who decides to wear or not to wear. One caveat though, everyone under the age of 21 should be required to wear a helmet.

For.....or we wouldn't be able to buy insurance for less than $10K a year.  Hell, they're trying to exclude (blacklist) top-end sportbikes now. Imagine what the insurance lobby would do with the inevitable squidly carnage that would take place in the absence (nationally) of any helmet laws.  All those affluent 18-25 year olds who wipe out that new Gixxer 1K (with 50 miles on the clock) would also be smearing their gourds all over the pavement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back