hayabusa vs 1000rr?

scooterlord

Registered
hey.. i know i own the 'king' but don't know what will happen if you start the bike from 0 speed. i know i am definately going to beat it if we had a roll-on start, but what about from 0 speed?

someone is bugging me to run with him. he has the 1000rr stocker and i have k&n filter and two yoshi's rs-3 slipons. am going to run with him tomorrow but just want to know what to expect, so if anyone knows about this situation let me know!

you know this from personal experience? i mean, the rr take from roll-on the haya? from 200+ i expect he won't, from too low i also expect he won't. i know that when it gets its power is too powerful, but...so much?

I know this from a gixxer 1k and a 954 both beat me by truck lengths from 20mph in 2nd gear and 60 mph in 6th gear..dead stp a different story as the busa is easier to launch..

Find out what RPM maximum torque is....
Both of you should use whatever gear it takes to be at that Rpm--at say 100 kilometers an hour.
In your owners manual it should say [max torque] @ ?? rpm..Good luck and be safe too..you should roll away from him...Let us know..  
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|PaceMaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094412226 -->

problem is..dr1300r.. has pc, full yoshi and stuff and still lost? :/ sounds strange. plus i can't start my bike all that good.. never gave myself the chance to learn how to.. well, i'll just have to wait and see

By the Way--no point of doing roll on comparisions if one or both of you are not even close to being in the powerband....
wink.gif

You better figure out where your bike takes off best at compared to his. Im guessing somewhere around 5000 will give you a good advantage. The new 1000s will leave a busa during most rollons. I ride with 04 r1 and see plenty of his tailights. The only time im sure to be ahead is up around 140 + mph. sj

You better figure out where your bike takes off best at compared to his. Im guessing somewhere around 5000 will give you a good advantage.  The new 1000s will leave a busa during most rollons.  I ride with 04 r1 and see plenty of his tailights.  The only time im sure to be ahead is up around 140 + mph.  sj
Thats what i,m sayin at the same speeds the liter bike is in higher rpm's, this was just a test thats all...All in fun on a sunday afternoon..All bikes have pipes, pc's...100 lbs makes a big difference my bike would need about 190 hp to be equal with a gixxer that puts out 163 hp... Dead stop or lower gear is the only way to beatem.. By lower gear i mean if he's in 3rd you might want to be in 1st or mabie 2nd get the rpm's up to match his... Good luck be safe...

anyway, probably we'll start off a dead stop. i'll tell you what happens (if he doesn't chicken out the last minute)
biggrin.gif

sounds good, be careful and it should be interesting..let us Know the outcome...

As long as you pick the right gear from a role, you should have no problems with him.

Unless you are doing a 4th or 6th gear ROLE ON from a certain speed, that's when they will walk away.

As long as your in the right gear for the power band, you should leave him unless you have wheelie problems!

its the rider.. this time he may smoke u next time u may smoke him.. from 0 its a lot in the launch

its funny when people ask if they can beat this or that , or if this or that can beat them.. i would imagine a 600 could beat u if u screw up and have an experienced rider on the 600

Scooter you can beat him from a dead stop AND a roll on. If you come from a dead stop just be ready to feather the clutch if she starts riding up in the air. Then click, click, click and its a wrap. If you are rolling on from 60 you should BE in 2nd gear and then go thru the gears smooth as silk. Be careful though. But spank that ass, like it should be done!!!

BusaBrother is right, you should have no problem anywhere as long as you keep the rear tire from vaporizing and the front end down.

Follow any of DR1300R's past posts and you'll see he thinks anything from a Vespa on up should be able to smoke a Busa.

Funny how I've yet to see any magazine headlines stating how the Busa has been dethrowned by some wimp liter bike.
Oh I know...all the owners of liter bikes just don't know how to ride them yet!
rock.gif

I do know that you do not want to get caught unprepared and that you do need to take the liter bikes seriously.

I got caught out while cruising around with some bros one day. One Gix1K, one RC51, I simply didn't take em seriously, I got left by about 2 bike lengths and didn't real em in till just north of 130 or so. Next time though, Dropped it down a couple and I was off into the sunset like a rocket.

Just don't try to roll against anything at less than 5500-6K RPM. From there, your a frieght train.

BUT, to walk around running your fuggin mouths like Busa's are SOOO much faster than the compeition is just plain ignorant. At best the busa leads in rolls ons or 1/4 mile times by just a couple of tenths. Ultimate top speeds are irrelevant on the streets accept for once in a great while... (ask Raider, RC51 Guy, or Gypsy)
wow.gif
So the competition has gotten much stiffer and if you do not have your game on your going to get worked. That's the truth of it, the Busa is still king, but if your not all that comfortable on the Busa, you will prolly get embarrassed...

The Busa no longer holds a choke hold on the streets, it's still the fastest and quickest but only by tenths. Don't bullshi!t yourselves into thinking otherwise, or you can just keep rollin in 600's and maybe feeling special about yourselves. But your just blowing smoke...

Well said Rev.... Maybe suk will take a new grip in the next year or so and get tat choke hold a lil tighter. Theres no reason why we cant have a 460lb 175rwhp dream machine.

Their fast, I know my friend's is. Just keep the fron down and hammer' on. You should get em'

Back