had a great round trip to PA !

johnstein

Donating Member
Registered
just got back from pa , spent fri night scrubbin in my new tires 100 plus miles ! left sat afternoon got to int 380 just past delaware water gap about 6 pm no traffic ,wide open ,new tires , and trans undercut , about 300 miles since i got it back , i have done this trip in my truck a thousand times . the busa made me see what i had been missin in the car . you can see for like six to to ten miles at a stretch and i have to be on this road for like 45 miles , oh yeah i always speed cause i have never seen law enforcement there . so i decide this is it and kick it down into 3 rd and wack it open , holly crap , had soo much fun topped it out three more times in the next 40 miles only slowing to 120 to go around some very nice turns , i know i couldve hit them with more speed lots of fun ! took yhe last five miles and just cruised at like 100 to bring the addreniline down , "THE BUSA IS KING " so today im on my way home and on the lie 495 on east long island two bikes fly by me at about 160 or so thier in full gear , i let them go by , but then i say f#$@ it and wot it takes like two miles but i catch up they slow down 1 bike didnt recognize the other all too well its the new 1000 gsxr in red and black as i am lookin he bolts , i go after him and catch and run with him 3 more times roll ons 50 70 and 100 i just walked away from him ! as soon as i let off he was there . but i had no problems keepin up or walkin away the guy on the other bike when we slowed for traffic would run up the left and right checkin out my bike i think he was tryin to determine if / what mods i had . 'THE BUSA IS KING" HAD A REALY GOOD WEEKEND !
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Sounds like fun. Glad your back in the saddle again. Hope my LE doesn't run into the same problems you had.

Wow! Sounds like it was a lot of fun...be careful though...the police tend to lurk where you least expect..

it was the best trip that i had on the busa yet ! until now i had only had it up to about 150 or so indicated man i didnt realize how much more power is left and how hard it would pull , i was figuring that it wouldnt be much left but the busa pulls hard ! i found myself sat evening just shakin my head with a big grin ,several times and today same thing ! doodoggy i know phily is a ways off ? do you know that stretch of 380 ? from camelback to moscow ? i have only done this trip on weekends , does leo frequent that area ?

Glad you're havin fun with your Busa. I felt your pain when you had the tranny problems on such a new bike, and with no factory support!

cool.gif

Glad you had a great time ... no better way to satisfy the need for speed!! Way to put that 1K in its place
smile.gif

Nice work
biggrin.gif

Glad you got it back up and ok

And you KNOW that the LIE is a hotspot for traffic patrol
wow.gif

Be extra careful there
blush.gif

Sounds like a rip. I'm glad you got wheels back.
I know route 380 from DW Gap to Binghamton all too well. Used to frequent it wot in my 280zx every weekend to/from school. I only got snagged once by Pa HP, was just north of gap where speed limit backs down to 45 I think, and I was only about 20 over at that point. It was pre-LEO and I had some sweet talking to do, the guy in Porsche who went by at about 130 helped quite a bit too.
biggrin.gif

I've had close calls with deer in Pa though, they are every where, and I imagine they would leave a scar
wink.gif

Definately be careful on LIE. More so of the idiots in cages then those in blue.
Be Safe.

495 sucks for traffic ,leo , and cagers these guys were runnin the end of the hov lane traffic was verry light , anyway they crossed the divider to get in my lane to go around me on bolth sides at those speeds , i wouldve crapped myself if i hadnt seen them come out of the hov lane in my mirrors so they lured me in ! and i took the bait ! glad i got to run with the 1000 the other bike was probably a 750 cause every time we took offf he was lost ! bike had custom paint so i dont know what that one was the guy on the 1000 just didnt quit we came up on traffic and i slowed he didnt he was all over the road including the shoulder ! thats when i called it quits , i only wish it was on 380 ! i did see a yellow viper he was headin the oppisite direction though ? probably better doin those speeds alone
biggrin.gif
the last time we raced to about 160 or so the other guy let off so did i and he started drifting into me , i was like wtf! ill save the next race for the kawi
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back