180 miles/1+ hrs shopping/3 hr round trip

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
Well I got the bug to get me some new Alpinestar leather pants this morning, so I decided to take a little trip on Gretchen to Dennis Kirk (about 180 mile round trip).

She is quite a dame, I mean complete comfort, and power galore. I figgured I would try out the Passport 8500 X50 (Blue LED) I just hard wired up, as I took back the cordless solo - couldnt see the darn thing in any type of light. Anyhow, Im not sure exactaly how fast I averaged but I covered The 180 mile round trip, shopped for a little longer than an hour (Dennis Kirk = big toy store for kids), got me some Wicked Alpinestar Twin Leather Pants, packed up my gear, stoped off for a mellow yellow, had 2 smokes and made it home in a total of 3 hours...give or take a few minutes.

Most of the time Gretchen was cruising at about 1**mph, but opened her up close to a dozen time---> What a ride / John Glen aint got nothing on this little Rocket! I was able to slowly open her up for about a 5 minute stint. Not sure how fast I was going, but I will just say I was a little busy concentrating on the road to look at my speed, but I was in complete control, and never felt like I was riding wreckless.

This trip taught me a few lessons. Never leave home for a trip like this without the X50 (Great little unit), 90 degree days with a dewpoint that would make a rain forest jellous, only gets hotter when traveling in full leathers on concrete. A full tuck is a good thing to learn, and once you get in that position there is nothing like that feeling flying down the road on a Busa. Semi's really effect your air flow at speed, and chicks in those plastic Saturns can get those little things up to 100 mph to show some big smiles to a lonely guy on his busa.

Anyhow, glad Im home, and once again I completely enjoyed learnig more about the Busa. What a magnificent piece of craftsmanship.

A nice story with a happy ending
smile.gif

I've gotta get one of those x50's. The Busa is so solid at speed, that after cruising for a while I'm going 100mph without even realizing it. Feels more like 75.

warbrown,

I know the Blue LED's may seem like a gimick, and yah it costs more, but compared to the RED led's, the Blue really stand out durring the day, and can be dimmed to a very low setting at night. The Blue was worth the extra cash to me for easy / quick viewing. I've got very few false alarms, and has some real nice programming options. There is a forum I did some reading on before purchasing, some of these guys are a little geeky, but they seem to know their radar detectors.

Radar Detector jammer forum

warbrown,

I know the Blue LED's may seem like a gimick, and yah it costs more, but compared to the RED led's, the Blue really stand out durring the day, and can be dimmed to a very low setting at night. The Blue was worth the extra cash to me for easy / quick viewing. I've got very few false alarms, and has some real nice programming options. There is a forum I did some reading on before purchasing, some of these guys are a little geeky, but they seem to know their radar detectors.

Radar Detector jammer forum
Thanks a lot for the info. Blue it will be...

Just a little "FYI" in hopes my original post doesn't get me put in the Squid catagory. Speed limit was 70 m.p.h for 90% of the road traveled, and the flow of traffic was traveling at an estimated rate of speed between 80 to 90 m.p.h., I was completely geared up I.E. Helmet/gauntlet gloves/Leather pants on way home (Jeans on trip up)/riding boots/ weather conditons Sunny and no restricted visability/ No mp3 player or CD player - just the sound of wind in my helmet/ many years of motorcycle riding (yah, Im not expert by any means and dont ever think I will have a know-it-all attitude), professional driving schools (for 4 wheels only at this point), and yah the last one helps a little....but if I told you what I did for a living I would have to detain you for life!

Back