Road Trip

Forget the GPS. With a trip like that, half the fun is the journey. It's not that hard.................ummm ride west
laugh.gif

Put the GPS money towards making your ride comfy.
Definitely go with a Corbin or Tobin. The gel seat is not that great for the long rides.

Cell phone, camera, clothes and money. That's really all you need.  
Everything else is all about creature comforts.

Some of the best stories are the ones were you forget something or something goes wrong. You end up meeting some very interesting people along the way. It's hard not to on a Busa.

I'm working on a trip to Mt. Evans Colorado in the spring.

Have fun on your journey
beerchug.gif

Post up the route you are planning on taking. Try to get as many contact numbers (board members) that are along the way. If you run into any problems I'm sure you will get plenty of help.

Thanks for the links. got them bookmarked. I will post up the route when the time nears. I am really looking forward to this trip next year. Raydog I think your right. Its funny. When I first did a quick map using Microsoft streets and trips it used highways. mostly I-70 and I-40. It came out to a little over 2300 miles one way. Then after readings Raydogs post It made me rethink the entire idea. I mean, I have been to sequoia before. It was years ago. I was 20 and was in the Corps. I had a goldwing back then. I know sounds backwards. 20 on a goldwing. Now 42 on a busa...lol. Any way it was hard for me to consider the fact that it really isn't the destination here that I was shooting for. I could have picked any place USA. The point really is about the trip itself. Its a little odd for me to plan a trip were its the trip that is the end point. Not the were you are going. I am getting used to the idea though. I did a quick reroute and found another route that looks interesting. Mileage goes up to over 2800 miles one way but thats ok. Only thing for sure is that I am so gonna have to have new and I mean new like zero miles new tires when I do this...lol The only other real problem I have not figured out is getting the oil changes once I get out there. I guess I could find a dealer out that way and schedule a time and date ahead of time to bring the bike in and have the oil and filter changed. I think thats the best way.

I have read stories on this and other boards of ppl who do an oil change infront of walmart or any auto parts store where oil can be deposited for recycling. The dont change the filter. Im not here to open a can of worms re changing out oil filers (or not doing them)
firedevil.gif
but you can get to wally world/autozone/pep boys, buy a one dollar tub and the oil, drain, fill and be on your way in less than half an hour. just a thought.

Thats a good idea. I will have to check into that next time i go to walmart. which is like every other day it seems....lol... good idea. thanks. hadn't thought of that.

Back