Man did I have a hell of a ride!

LOL! Whats the point in a 200 MPH bike if you dont ever use it? We cant all go to Bonneville every weekend.

I will agree it does get the adrenaline pumping with an acclerated heart rate. Some do it some dont risk it's just as some jump out of a hot air balloon with a rubber band attached to there azz, there are different extremes to where an individual gets his high. Of course you will get a few lectures from cop wanna bees, premature grannies here but its all about living life and taking the risk the chance. Nothing wrong with these risks as long as you can deal with the negative outcomes that are possibilities such as death or injuries to others. Enjoy.:beerchug:

You call fast motorcycle riding dangerous and immature risking others? What about air shows with jets flying around above a crowd you dont think they can get out of control and come flaming down and kill a bunch of people? Ya dont think so, look it up it has happened but they still go on! I guess the Blue Angels are in the same boat as those that ride there Busas over the speed limit on public roads, I can still remember going to air shows as a kid and watching airplanes and jets perform stunts over my head.

Well said Yankee. Im not going to start a flame war here. It was a great experience for me and thats what counts. Makes you wonder why people go on modding their Busas to be faster and more powerful and dont use it to its potential. Mine is stock and seemed built for that run. To each his own I guess.

I just got back from a 1100 mile road trip on my new girl and holy cow do I have a story. Im going to leave the location nameless just in case some jerk off reports it but I really dont know why they would. I took off in the morning and had about a sixty mile trip on a major freeway to that days destination and as I got on the freeway I see a newer BMW super bike up ahead so I fall in behind him. within 5 miles a Busa and GSXR 1000 joined up both from different off ramps. In another couple of miles were all passed by a CBR 1000 doing about 160. We all dropped the hammer and did about 130-160 for the next 60 miles carving traffic together in a pretty perfect line. We all unbelievably got off at the same off ramp and at the stop light looked at each other and just burst out laughing! I have to say it was the most fun Ive had in my life and for something that random to occur and be that perfect? Just too cool.
Deep down most of us sportbike guys all want to do the same thing.......haul serious azz. Its cool to meet a stranger or 3 and do what comes natural on a superbike. I've had those strangers become friends :thumbsup:

I use to do that when I was in my 20's and talk about it.

Now I'm old and responsible, so I never talk about it any more. :laugh:

Get your bike on the track, you can do that 20 minutes every hour from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, without the risk of getting a felony.

Back