Had a break in at the house tonight....

#6; enough to put someone down without killing them, won't normally go thru wall and hurt someone on other side, with enough scatter to ensure a good pattern/hit. Also light enough load not to knock wife over if she had to use it.

#9 first shot then 4 #6 after that

Plus a black chow
And a boxer
Feel sorry if they see the chow at night as that means he has ahold of them as he is very hard to see

#6; enough to put someone down without killing them, won't normally go thru wall and hurt someone on other side, with enough scatter to ensure a good pattern/hit. Also light enough load not to knock wife over if she had to use it.

I think I'd like to kindly disagree with you. The last thing I'd want to do is pepper somebody with a couple hundred pellets and not kill him. Imagine him all disfigured sitting in the courtroom at his civil injury suit against you? The jury would have pity and you'd be screwed. I like Federal tactical buckshot in OO. I think it has 9 .38 caliber balls in it? Fires very softly so wives can handle it. It will place all pellets on a silhouette at 25yds which is good so you won't hit anyone you don't want to and it will blast somebody into the netherworld never to bother you again. Numerous police agencies have used it and there are ample real world shootings with it proving its effectiveness. Good stuff check it out.

RIFLE/SHOTGUN AMMUNITION - Shotgun Ammo - FEDERAL TACTICAL 00 9 BALL BUCKSHOT (LE127-00) - 5 ROUND BOX

there is always the shotgun Taser....

thumbnail.aspx.jpeg

There are two loads. Ones a full power and the other is a reduced power load. I've got a bunch of the reduced power loads and have shot a few hundred rnds of it thru my 1187p and it functioned flawlessly. Some semis require full power loads so if your shooting a semi auto try a box or two before you stock up to make sure it will work. Don't fire all the rnds from your shoulder either. Fire a few from a low hold without anything behind the butt to see if it will work ok. If your shooting a pump then enjoy.

House gun is a pump....the sound of racking a round is enough to make most men crap their pants....The Universal sound for "don't move"...

putting a round into the chamber of an assault rifle has a similar effect when the slide closes ...just sayin :whistle:

The best is sneaking up on the person breaking in, **** back the hammer and whisper........this is the quietest sound a .357 will ever make. U could prolly see the moment when they crap themselves

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

putting a round into the chamber of an assault rifle has a similar effect when the slide closes ...just sayin :whistle:

More likely to miss or hurt other than your intended target. However, I've got that covered too :)

More likely to miss or hurt other than your intended target. However, I've got that covered too :)

yeah, but the sound is ominous :evil:

The problem with a rifle is that even if you hit them, at close range (unless you are using a large caliber round) the damage is not going to take them down instantly and the round will pass right through them with any rifle round (as mentioned collateral damage). I think the shotgun is still the best short range home defense if you want to put them down quickly and with a fair amount of certainty. Handguns are generally only as good as the folks holding them and sadly too many folks own guns with out a clue how to use them correctly. In NY its worse, the laws are so f'd up its almost impossible to even go to the gun range to practice.

Lets hope this type of thing doesnt happen again and none of us have to be in the same situation. I fear though that with the economy getting worse and the cost of goods (food stuffs mostly) rising almost weekly, we could start seeing more folks having things disappear from their homes, especially in areas with lower economic resources :(

Glad that everything work out and nothing got taken.

Right now theres a guy going around checking garages doors and stuff on my area, one of the neighbors always leaves the garage door open about 6" or so for ventilation while hes inside the garage, the other day the guy decide to stick his arm thru the opening to eather try to grab what he could reach or to try to open the door(not clear what he wanted to do), the neighbor saw the guys arm moving around and he closed the garage door on him:laugh: the guy arm got stock for a second, but by the time the neighbor open the front door of garage and went around to the back the guy got loose and ran away, I hope he will think about in coming back.

Great that you stood your ground and protected your property and family. Bravo.

In Cali, a warning shot is a no no. Good for you. I hope the dirt bag is locked up for a long time.

Back