Had a break in at the house tonight....

OUTSTANDING. I love it when it works out this way. Of course, a round in the knee might slow him down a little next time....Nothing like "Dude, I don't want to, but I'll kill you where you stand so you had better not move a muscle"....

The man was obviously homeless and hungry. Only in America can a person in need have a gun drawn on him and be dragged off to jail instead of being given a bowl of hot soup and a blanket just for trying to find some shelter. It amazes me how well to do folks always want to keep their personal possessions rather than share them with ones in need. If that happened to me I would have taken him in and let him shower then I would have given him some fresh clothes then I would have fed him and shared one of my favorite beverages with him. After letting him sleep in my bed I would have given him 20% of my money and allowed him to use my car for a day or two until he gets back on his feet.

:whistle:

Glad it all worked out ok. Those dogs earned a treat :-)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

It's good things were so controlled. Good for you for defending yourself, family, and property.

Glad it all worked out ok. Those dogs earned a treat :-)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

They have gotten more treats and chews today than they have gotten all year :)

We found out that the second closest neighbor to us had their trailer moved off the property and adjacent to our house/garage. We think that they were after the Hayabusa and his friends left in the SUV when they heard the dogs barking and saw the lights come on. My mom is here to visit as well and her 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT 8 with a 6.1 liter in it was in the garage as well. Damn shame that even out in the country you cannot trust people to be honest. The guy that helped me last night has been here for 40 years and never had a problem. I hope it is that long or never again before some one else tries anything stupid again.

Don't know brother, but I know that the events of early this morning would have went very differently if I had not had my 9mm.

Check with your local Leo. May want to rethink the knee shot to stop a burglar. It may leave you open to personal injury litigation.

My Sheriff told me do not shoot to stop. If force is needed use deadly force only for the reason above.

from my dunce stool via tapatalk

Check with your local Leo. May want to rethink the knee shot to stop a burglar. It may leave you open to personal injury litigation.

My Sheriff told me do not shoot to stop. If force is needed use deadly force only for the reason above.

from my dunce stool via tapatalk
that, and if you are legally allowed to shoot him... if you take him out all together, you dont have to pay for him to have cable, internet, and all that wonderful stuff they have in prison....

this is my alarm.....:oh:

IMG_0166.jpg

GNBRETT, I have a female dobie that looks just as friendly :)

You guys are right, I called the deputy that responded and spoke to him. Last night he was very grateful for our efforts and appreciated us holding the criminal. Although, he did tell me the same as you guys said. If I am going to shoot, it should be to kill/stop, not to wound. Also, there is a no retreat law in GA which means that I do not have to run or back down if I feel threatened. So, the short answer is that I hope that I never have to be faced with this situation again, but if need be I will be ever more prepared and knowledgeable about the situation.

We now have a 9mm, 16 gauge shotgun and a 380 revolver in the house for future attempts to steal my Hayabusa.

Glad to here it turned out ok for you. I am sure he is glad you did not shoot him. I feel sure he will do it again somewhere else when he gets out. Maybe next time he will not be so lucky. Well done!

I wouldn't aim at the knees. I wouldn't want to kill anyone, but I also wouldn't want to let them take everything from me in civil court.

nice job.... Not sure abput ur state but up here in Ma, no warning shots. If your gonna fire your gun, its gonna count. I personally dont have my gun license (prob should seeing I spent so much time with one in the army).. I can understand why they dont want people shooting off warning rounds, and this can be taken in many directions, but I can say personally it would weigh on me knowing I took a life, and if the warning shot keeps him in place while the authorities come then why not.... Then again he was messin with your life so........

Damn, when I read the thread title I thought for sure you had a husband break into your house searching for his wife! :spank:

Thank goodness it was only a burglar! :crowbar:

When i went for my cwp you are taught if you cant draw to kill someone then you dont need to be carrying a weapon. The officer and others on here are correct...shoot to kill or dont shoot at all. By the way...be ready for that as$phat to come back....he may just be the type that will go for revenge and you nee to be reay for that. You should have shot and killed him on the spot.

Back