Gps mod

I wish I had the voltages at work to post, but basically, the voltage to the ECU increases with each shift up. I'll just make up some voltages

1st 1 v
2nd 2 v
3rd 3 v
4th 4 v
5th 5 v
6th 6 v.

That means that each position on the GPS uses a lower resistance to send a higher voltage as you go 1 through 6.

If you just jumper 5 and 6, you will get the higher voltage from the position 6 lower ohm resistor. The bike would think it is in 6 when it was in 5 and 6. Close to right I think.

You would need to remove the resistor from the 6 position and then jumper 5 and 6. That would have the position 5 resistor feeding both the 5 and 6 positions so that it would think it was in gear 5 when it was in gear 5 or gear 6.

I think that is right anyway.

Not sure the relevance, because of riding styles, but FWIW I get over 45mpg on my '05 without the TRE.  Personally I would rather use the JC-GPS mod and tuning module that will allow me to change the advance at any rpm.  As it stands, for optimum power, you will want to retard the advance from idle to peak torque, and increase advance from peak torque to peak hp, and after peak hp again reduce advance to prevent detonation.  Same thing with fueling curves, but thats a different chapter.  

JC, how do I get one of your modded GPS'?  Please pm info, thanks.

Charlie
just pm me or email me

what kinda of cost? if i send mine in. good winter project
thanks for the info
beerchug.gif

Back