Got my bike back from Testing the AEM F/IC

there is another standalone being developed right now that plugs into the factory harness that will adjust for altitude, temps and all the same as a a motec and similar standalones
and the price will be 1000-1250
and it also is a good system (my prostreet bike will be running it)

its powered by megasquirt with an interface board that will be setup to plug directly into the factory harness at the ecu plugs

there is another standalone being developed right now that plugs into the factory harness that will adjust for altitude, temps and all the same as a a motec and similar standalones
and the price will be 1000-1250
and it also is a good system (my prostreet bike will be running it)

its powered by megasquirt with an interface board that will be setup to plug directly into the factory harness at the ecu plugs

Cool! Nitrous control too?
We'll offer them too when available.
Posted via Mobile Device

Im planning on upgrading to the AEM EMS probably later on this year, we run that system on our cars and it is a killer system.

Ryan I may be interested in that. I'm considering running XXX Race fuel, but would like to be able to run pump when I want.

I venture to say you'll make more power with no timing pulled and the AFR at 11.5:1-11.8:1 but I can't confirm that.
interesting enough, timing after you are at RPM and boost do not make that much difference.. It does make MAJOR difference in the lower half of the torque curve however.. We have run a number of motors back to nearly TDC on the advance at full RPM/Boost with only minimal effect on the readings..

The motors were not at all forgiving of advancing the mags at speed however.. as we worked our way through the advance curves, we smoked a few sets of pistons from what is best described as "sub sonic" detonation..

better fat and happy on the fuel and sacrifice a bit of power (especially when these guys are running on the street or in "dial in" racing) We were required to run mechanical fuel induction (no electronics) so fine tuning the fuel was always hit and miss (weather had more control than we did :) )

Is why an experienced dyno operator such as Ryan is at the helm, they can usually see a trend or feel it if it noses over and kill it before disaster strikes...

Last edited:
Ryan knows his stuff in way less years than it took many others to learn the craft. :thumbsup:

Doesn't look like he is hurting for HP or launch speed! Awesome bike! :beerchug::bowdown:

How is this stock.. other than the cowling.(wait thats not stock ether)?

he means stock "motor untouched never opened, 100% stock internals" just a turbo and electronics added, stretched ect.....in all reality not stock at all BUT the motor is untouched, i guess it would better be described as the fastest non built turbo busa. Anyway a pretty good thread and his bike seems pretty quick, doesn't really matter what everyone is saying cause it seems as if it goes he's gonna rebuild it anyway.

Thats what i am doing, run my bike at 7psi on a stock engine and a good tune. If it blows, well it gives me an excuse to rebuild it. Why spend the money to rebuild it while it is running when you will spend about the same to repair it.

Thats what i am doing, run my bike at 7psi on a stock engine and a good tune. If it blows, well it gives me an excuse to rebuild it. Why spend the money to rebuild it while it is running when you will spend about the same to repair it.

Very true unless your kit is capable of pushing big boost....at 7psi and a good tune you might never blow your motor and thats not a bad thing:thumbsup:

Hey guys not tryinh to hijack thread just have some questions for Ryan. Hey Ryan I am trying to run Real Street Mirock I need to have my stage 1 turbo bike mapped I am thinking about changing to the aem F/IC how would I go about changing tune for different boost levels I run between gears. I run the msbc-1 and run much different boost from start to finish being as I am only allowed to be 60 inches. I do have the s2000 injectors in I changed them and didnt get a tune yet. I could bring bike out this week.

Thanks Mike

he was using the mile as an example
but he is also referring to having an intercooler and everything else and still burning up
i know of people who log there intakle temps in the low 200's at the end of the 1/4 mile and the intake temps also are going to burn things up
and that also with the a/f and the compression and all that is in your stock motored busa will burn parts up
i lost a motor at 8 psi at 9500 rpms in 6th and all 4 were burnt up
it only take a millisecond to burn the stock pistons

even ryan posted in his last post he wouldnt trust the stock setup at anything over 6 psi and you brag of a stock motor and yet you run it that lean?

reread his post about stock motor stock pistons

should i post pictures of a set of burn pistons? (not tryin to be a smartalik just saying its not the safest)

and my prostreet bike i wont run that lean sorry just wont
i like to keep some parts
I have to say, I'm boosting my bike, and when I do things like this I do TONS of research. I've spent days reading everything available online from everywhere.....turbo builders, performance shops, turbo forums, you name it I've read it. And the hugely overwhelming consensus for safe af ratios for stock motors, under boost, is 11.5 to 12.0, with 11.8 being pretty much the standard. Thats what I'm going to be tuning to as well :thumbsup:

Back