Got my bike back from Testing the AEM F/IC

Im pretty confident with the tune up that Ryan put in the bike. Its about a 12.7:1 or so, but the added benefit now is i have -2* of timing on 5psi and -4* of timing on 10psi. Being able to pull timing finally is whats going to help it out.

Too lean buddy, soon you will be replacing pistons, even with timing pulled a turbo engine requires more fuel, you will also see an increase in power if you richen it up to about 11.8:1

Richard

Both pulls were done with a cool intake and cooler temps in the dyno room (60 degrees or so)

Once the bike warms up all the way its at about 12.2:1

With the simple software it's quick and easy to add 2-5% to the "boost" section of the map if need be. Takes all of 2 minutes. :thumbsup:

We see best performance at the track at 12.2 - 12.4 Air/fuel (1/4 Mile)

Land speed may require a bit richer 11.8?

We see best performance at the track at 12.2 - 12.4 Air/fuel (1/4 Mile)

Land speed may require a bit richer 11.8?
you do realize thats RCC right?

i have learned over the years from veteran drag bike tuners that they like the bike a bit richer up higher in boost and i will stick with that whenever i tune my drag bike

i wouldnt run a bike that lean as i dont have the money to replace pistons all the time

I'm just going by my experience on Pro Street / Superstreet bikes with piston kits/engine work etc at the track.

Stock pistons/motor at anything above 6 psi on a Gen I is scary to me.

Hay guy nice bike. I ran 17,000 miles on a stock motor and 10lbs boost on my first turbo busa. It ran like a raped ape. and I did a lot of high speed top end runs (not much for the drag race stuff) a picture of that bike can be found on this web site under general discussions pg 52 . My new bike has the same kit on it with a spacer plate I am running only 8lbs boost and a dump pipe it is in the mid 260 RWHP range tuned by Craig @ FLO TECH in Markham IL.

you do realize thats RCC right?

i have learned over the years from veteran drag bike tuners that they like the bike a bit richer up higher in boost and i will stick with that whenever i tune my drag bike

i wouldnt run a bike that lean as i dont have the money to replace pistons all the time
Is it possible they are running it rich to stave off detonation? If you are able to pull timing, why wouldn't you run a bit leaner?

Not arguing, just asking..:beerchug:

Heat causes detonation...lean causes heat!!

Which is why I think you could pull timing. Heat is power. That is why we add more fuel and compression to engines. The more fuel being burned, the more heat there is. The more heat there is the less timing "advance" is needed to complete the cycle.

I thought that was the reason we coat pistons and headers also. To keep the heat in the chamber to promote velocity and combustion efficiency.

I would agree that there is a point when lean is "too lean", but 12.2 doesn't seem like that is the point.

I would have to hear a better argument than "lean is heat". I'm not picking on anyone. I'm just saying that is not a very descriptive response.:beerchug:

Back