GoPro HD Resource Thread-Discussion-Settings-Mounts-Cards-Results

@ Tim

Do you have any video from that angle?

(The one that back and to the right of you)

The 3M VHB tape base is almost impossible to remove once it cures. It's pretty much 'superglue' tape. It CAN be CAREFULLY removed, but pay attention:

1. You must saw thru the majority of the tape. A a piece of fine piano/guitar wire (being very careful to hold OFF the tank while sawing) can cut thru the top part of the tape (as it's thick) and cut the mount off without damaging the tank (again, do NOT LET THE WIRE TOUCH THE TANK while performing this proceedure).

2. Once you've removed most of the tape, 3M Adhesive Remover will soften up the remaining adhesive enough that you can get it off without damaging the paint.

Frankly, I would consider any of the GoPro mounts a permanent install, which is why I'd think very hard before I put one on and would not put one on my tank.

The 3m mount I stuck on right front of fairing by my mirror has been on so long I am afraid to try to remove it . As you say it's probably well stuck there . It's a good solid mounting spot for great vids.
I'm still in search of decent sound though :banghead:

Weirdly though I have found that when the camera faces to the rear the sound is much better. I shot a video other day of me and Adam on pops scooter with camera stuck on fairing in front facing us . Really nice video and the sound came out perfect , nothing other than Hyosung 250cc sweet music :rofl:
I'm gonna load in on YouTube and post it here later tonight .
Best video I have gotten yet and it was on a scooter !

Use a heat gun on the mounts that have been stuck on there for a while. It heats up the glue and they come right off. Don't go crazy and melt your bodywork, but I have moved them around like this with no problems.

Might, but might also peel the paint right up with it...slow and easy the key...

Ok I just used a hairdryer to remove the 3m mount that has been stuck on front of fairing for at least two months. I attached the elbow to the mount to give me a little leverage and held hair dryer close to base where 3m tape is. As I heated it up I slowly pushed on the elbow prying the mount off. It came right off not leaving even a mark or so much as a single little piece of the glue from the 3m tape. Again slowly heat it up and pry it at an angle off and it will warm up , loosen and come right off

I have a problem with my video want to see if anyone else has. I recorded some ride video in P5 (1080P) mode the other day; upon playback, it seems to skip/pause/lose a frame every second or so. Sandisk 16GB Level 4 card....

Anyone else? Too much for the camera or card? any solutions?

I have a problem with my video want to see if anyone else has. I recorded some ride video in P5 (1080P) mode the other day; upon playback, it seems to skip/pause/lose a frame every second or so. Sandisk 16GB Level 4 card....

How much RAM does your computer have?

How much RAM does your computer have?

Not camera, card or computer it's your operating system .I'm betting it's windows XP ? Reason I ask is cuz mine is XP and does same on vids from setting R5. I played same video on my Toshiba DLP, Samsung LCD and moms PC with Vista op system and had zero problems with skipping . Try playing same videos on a HD TV with supplied cables and I bet they play fine .

It was either the computer or the operating system. Plays fine on home VISTA machine.

My GoPro HD wouldn't work at all on my XP OS. Something about the MP4 format not being compatible with anything older than Vista. Would only show the first frame of the video like a still picture. Got Windows 7 on the new comp, and everything is great.
Friend has an older machine with 512mb of RAM, and it does the same thing you were describing when playing a 720P vid, already posted on YT. Even letting it completely load, still stop frames it.

I have xp and it plays videos fine on all settings except R5.
I just wish I could find a quicker way of loading them onto YouTube . Even a five min video takes hours !
If I use same program I mention on page on and convert it to MP4 with zero change in format or aspect it takes a 500mb file and makes it 50mb but I lose some just some of the clarity of the video when I do that .
If you play it in little YouTube window it's hard to notice but in full screen it's all 'screen door' looking and blotchy whereas the original size file will play fine in full screen. But as mentioned if left in original size it's takes say 5-6 hours to load a 500mb file onto YouTube but the 50mb file will be done in less than an hour .

That sounds like your internet connection causing the long upload times. I have a 500kb upload speed on average, and it seldom takes longer than 2 hrs to upload a 300-400mb file to YouTube.

About Computers and HiRes Videos:

Full HD 1080p Playback : Tom's Hardware's 2007 CPU Charts

Above is a link to CPUs and their framerate when playing 1080p video. Look at where your processor falls in, in this comparison. If your's is not listed, repace it. anyways...
Anything higher than about 35FPS is perfect.

It takes a lot of CPU to play a video especially if you dont have a nice video card that will allow the video redering to offload to the GPU(on the video card)

You are right, i think it's XP issue in R5 mode. Plays fine in VISTA+ but even on fairly powerful XP machines it's a bust. Lesson learned.

You are right, i think it's XP issue in R5 mode. Plays fine in VISTA+ but even on fairly powerful XP machines it's a bust. Lesson learned.

It's an XP issue. I have the same problem when trying to play those vids on my XP based laptop, but it works perfectly fine on the TV and my dad's macbook pro.
Posted via Mobile Device

I fixed the stutter issue with R5 by using a codec package...but I can't trim it with Windows Movie Maker without the lower half of the video completely green. Tried all the fixes...just can't get it (on vista).

Anybody recommend a free MP4 to .wmv/.avi converter without a watermark? (Or another way to handle MP4 files).

Thanks BB, I checked the first page, but somehow missed your link.

I am running the program now. What I have found so far is that using Nero to convert from R5 .mp4 to avi there was a definitive quality loss in the video. Not only that but I clipped the original video from 20 minutes (2Gb) to 5 minutes, and after the encoding that 5 minute video was 4Gb!

I'll let you know how this turns out after I am done.

It's a decent converter and if you leave window 'YouTube' size the loss of clarity won't be so bad . If you enlarge it to full screen then yes it will look 'screen doorish' .
Hey it's free so I can't complain .
I use it simply to convert MP4 files to MP4 .
I know that sounds silly but if you leave aspect and size same it somehow converts a 500mb file down to 50mb ?

Ok, it finished encoding. So what I found...

I was impressed Blanca! The quality in HD wmv is JUST as good as the original .mp4 file. The end file size was 1.1Gb vs. the original 1.85Gb. I'll do a non HD encoding next to see the difference for a youtube upload for example.

Like I said if you or anyone else leaves it same size as 'YouTube' window here it won't be bad at all .
But if you 'click here to see it on YouTube' or once there go to full screen that's when you'll notice loss of clarity .
I convert 500mb files to 50mb leaving them in HD-1280x720 I think it is and they come out looking ok .

Thanks, I've played with it some.

Is there any way to clip the video before you start to encode it?

I've found that HD wmv is the best quality and it shrinks the original video size by about half. Then regular wmv is second best, with high quality youtube .flv being pretty damn bad, but managable of course. More than anything, it is free, and it actually works.

Thanks BB

Back