GoPro HD Resource Thread-Discussion-Settings-Mounts-Cards-Results

Put mine here with good results..
CameraMount002.jpg

This is a rough old chip 'n seal country road here, only bouncing is the bike itself..

Suction cup pointing backwards on the side of the tail section for this one. Same road..

Thanks guys, I will try a different location next weekend. I will post next weekends vid to see if it works better. :please:

If anyone is interested, I came up with a super quick mount tonight. I drilled and tapped a hole in my mirror stalk, then threaded a RAM ball onto the mirror stalk. I can unscrew the ball and you'd never know it was there. Seems really solid, and looks pretty decent too... I posted this in the other GoPro thread, but this one seems to get more traffic..

244088d1334285316-offical-gopro-thread-dscn0529.jpg

244089d1334285316-offical-gopro-thread-dscn0531.jpg

244090d1334285316-offical-gopro-thread-dscn0534.jpg

Great idea, so I copied it :beerchug:

My bike isn't as sparkling tho

IMG_0638.jpg

Yesterday GoPro released the Itunes app to run your GoPro Hero 2.

I now have the Itunes apps loaded/connected on both my Iphone and wife's Ipad and got it working. Iphone and Ipad app pretty cool. As far as I can tell, it will only control one camera at a time (as each wifi backpack is it's own network), AND, you have to set the camera to work with Ipad/pod OR the wifi remote ON THE CAMERA (cannot control with ipad/pod AND remote at same time - it's an either/or deal).

You MUST software update (thru Cineform Studio) the camera, the backpack AND the remote (this was actually the hardest part, as all devices must be fully charged with empty sd cards loaded - for me that was 5 devices).

After updating all devices:

On the iPad/pod: Turn on the wifi backpack, go to ipod/pad and go to settings/wifi and turn on wifi: If the backpack is on you will see the name of your wifi backpack (set in cineform studio). You will need to remember the wifi password you used when you first set up your backpack (thank goodness I remembered mine, the default is goprohero). Once you get your ipad/pod to connect to their 'networks', then go to the gopro app, and the last backpak you connnected will be the one the Ipad/pod controls. I went upstairs (30 ft away) and it was still connecting and controlling the camera.

I have no idea what the battery life is in ipad/pod mode, probably not nearly as long as the remote (with everything charged, my backpacks/remote will work about 8 hours). I notice that the delay from camera to i-device is about 5 seconds.

For Trackdays, I think the remote is the best deal as it will control multiple camera's at once (the 2-camera vids I posted were synced in this method). For playback, you will have to set the camera to ipad mode, then connect to the wifi, then control it with the ipad - which might be cool if you don't have the remote or want to watch what you've previously recorded (but I'd put the backpack on a charger if I was going to do that more than a few moments).

and here is synced track video

[video=youtube_share;hXj6t5XtRNM]http://youtu.be/hXj6t5XtRNM[/video]

So anyone else getting a Hero3? I was gonna get another Hero2 but got a good deal on a Hero3 silver edition. I still may get another Hero2, unless I can get a good deal on a black edition.

I came close to getting the Hero 3 Silver Edition but ended up getting a Drift HD for half the price of the Hero 3 Silver. I have a hard time getting over the non-aerodynamic shape of the GoPro and the Drift has features that are not found on the GoPro without spending extra $$.

Race to Coffee and Cars - YouTube[/url]

HD Hero 2 on Helmet of Hayabusa

GoPro 3 White edition on BMW

vs. BMW - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, came up with a new idea for a chin mount I think you all will find useful, if not that's ok to. started with a YouTube video, this fella made a mount out of JB weld and used 3M VHB tape to stick it to his helmets chin guard. Well I didn't want to stick anything to my lid, besides it kind of looked funny without the cam. So I decided to make one that was removable. Here is a list of the parts I used.
1. 3 in long L bracket aluminum, 1 1/4 in wide.
2. strip of aluminum 1 1/8 wide by 2 5/8 long.
3. 3/8 thick piece of plastic (I used nylon) shaped to GoPro flat mount.
3. one 1/4 20 wood anchor nut (any hardware store).
4. homemade thin plastic cap.
5 2 6x32 countersink screws
6 round 3M felt pad 1 in round.
I didn't take pictures while building it so I will explain and you can see from the pics.
First drill 1/4 in hole in the center of the plastic you shape for the flat mount, Heat the 1/4x20 anchor then use a vice or vice-grip pliers to press the anchor nut into the hole you drilled, vice works best.
Then peel cover off of the mount and stick them together with the head of the nut on top against the tape, press together for 24 hrs using some type of weight or clamp. Once that's done get your flat piece of aluminum and shape to the front trim of your lower chin guard.
Here is where your judgment comes in, press L bracket against the inside of your chin guard tight place the preformed piece of flat aluminum against the molding of your chin guard and mark the L bracket on each side or clamp strip to the bracket, there will be 2 places to drill one on each side. Drill for 6x32 tap then remove the fat strip. Tap the 6x32 holes in the L bracket then drill the flat strip large enough for the screw, when that is finished counter sink the holes in the flat strip.
Now bend your flat strip just past the counter sunk holes up I used a brake but a vice should do, bend it to the angle of the lower half of your chin guard, move up about an inch and bend to the shape of the upper half of the guard ( I have a Shoei RF1000). From the second bend move up another inch and bend the tip to fit into your chin vent, this is where the home made cap will go. Now bolt it together with the holes you prepared and put it in place on the guard, if needed you can bend the flat piece to fit tight.
I had to elongate the hole in my L bracket for the GP clip mount to fit, I placed the felt at the lower end of my front arm.
If I can get this to work here are some pics with a vid to show the view.
hero2
720-60
1280x720
PNY 16GB class10

Love it but FECK ME if you have a crash that thing'll cut your throat... make a great snuff film i guess!!!!

I've used the pole on my Busa for quite some time now, originally on the Gen1. It was a solid pole that wasn't adjustable, but got the view I wanted! Recently I installed one on the Gen2, however this one is telescopic so I can retract it when not in use! I picked up a GoPro Hero 4 session a few days ago and shot a clip at 720P 30FPS, the video quality definitely is less than my Hero 4 Silver, but I think the $199 price was worth it! It was $400 when it was released earlier in the year!

FF887E02-06CA-460E-9899-0BBA4E57C463_zpskvzika9f.jpg

9B62318C-F553-46F7-B01F-9A5A409CB029_zps60x8e9us.jpg

225DE81C-E334-4EA2-9986-9C336A7A904A_zpspugycvvg.png

0E12AB87-075C-4A00-8E16-4E5C43D5AE92_zps9y411vdo.jpg

09790E75-5421-4EB5-8228-648A17CF2F02_zpsaph5s4f8.png

What software is everyone using to edit their videos.

I find the editing software offered by Gopro terrible?

I use Cyberlink Powerdirector

I've only been able to try the GoPro setup 1 time so far and mounted on stem mount but there is to much vibration at speed for the clarity I want. Need a better location with less vibration and still keep the camera protected.

8A129C28-969C-4D4F-A57E-2553C0F81A9E_zpsw1ddivvd.jpg

Anyone try the new 360-degree view camera's on here?
\

I actually bought a 360fly camera from Best Buy on Saturday night, but took it back Sunday night. The idea is cool, but the software is too buggy IMO! It would show a live screen on my android tablet, but when I would go to my recorded videos it would say 360fly has stopped working! I tried resetting the camera, un installing/reinstalling the app, and re syncing, nothing worked. I also tried using the app for the desktop, it proved disappointing too. I could only view it in degraded quality, (like the GoPro vids in wifi mode) even though I downloaded the video to the program. The only time it showed in high quality was when I saved it to a file on my laptop, but it showed in a big circle, and I couldn't control it.

I could only control it in the app by using the arrow keys and mouse, I was able to move the video image around. I used the camera on my Sunday ride, and tried to share a clip onto YouTube; but it would never get passed the "converting video" screen. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance, but I became frustrated. I know it has worked out for others, as there are vids on YouTube of it in action.

3845D555-C979-46DE-A70A-CEA7E387ABFC_zps7fbq1ae1.jpg

GoPro Hero 4 Silver. So far I'm liking the 1080/60/Wide. Seems like the Superview setting distorts too much around the edges unless you are filming in wide open spaces. Cyberlink Power Director Ultimate for editing. In regards to wind noise I am using a mic mounted inside the helmet just below my Sena mic. Sounds good with the shield down, no chin curtain, but picks up excess wind noise with shield partially open which is how I prefer to ride when under 60 mph. Any suggestions?

Back