GoPro HD Resource Thread-Discussion-Settings-Mounts-Cards-Results

Tim, will your new shipment of cameras have the updated firmware? If not how do we go about updating the firmware?

Firmware updates are not too hard to do SteveO. I did one on my original gopro...you download a file from them, hook up your camera and run the file and that's ususally about it. We'll see and then I'll talk you thru it if necessary.

So, what will the software update do?

Allow you to film upside down without having to use a computer program to flip the image. It'll give you a Upd option in the Set menu. If it's on it will record a flipped/reversed image. If it's off it'll record normally.

The new telephone book is here...the new telephone book is here.....I'm somebody !
Er uh new GoPro that is...:laugh:

ne gopro.jpg

I thought these were worth sharing....I have it mounted on the front fairing, duh, and just turned it around to face me. i wasn't sure how they were going to turn out but I was really pleased with the result and a great testament to GoPro's 1 photo/10 sec feature.

Slightly different pics than I posted on the Barber thread...one right turn, one left.

GOPR0292.jpg

GOPR0342.jpg

Those are excellent pics 09busadrvr. I really hope they release the screen for it so we can use it as a regular camera .
I want to be able to see what it's looking at and snap pics in HD .

The new telephone book is here...the new telephone book is here.....I'm somebody !
Er uh new GoPro that is...:laugh:

So is the picture on that box supposed to be representative of the "naked" model GoPro? Cause that's a much more attractive box than I got. . .:whistle::laugh:

So is the picture on that box supposed to be representative of the "naked" model GoPro? Cause that's a much more attractive box than I got. . .:whistle::laugh:

I thought same and yes it is the 'naked' model without all the mounts cuz I had those left over from other one.

Well after a few tests and still testing I believe I have it figured out.
The waterproof door makes a muffled sound but still has 'cracklin' and the open door also captures 'cracklin' in the audio.

I had the waterproof door left over from its adventure down I95 so this is what I did.

I drilled three small holes in this door on right side close to where mic is on camera.
Then I placed a couple cotton balls inside housing and now no more cracklin.
You have to make sure you do not cover mic inside on camera with the cotton balls.
The cotton seems to 'soak' up the reverb inside of case and makes the 'cracklin' go away.
The three holes still allow for sound to get in so it is getting close to what I'm looking for .
Still a bit of high pitched whine though ?

Tell me what you think.

gopro w.cotton balls 002.jpg

gopro w.cotton balls 001.jpg

gopro w.cotton balls 003.jpg

Hey folks, I just returned to the forums after quite a long absence. For that I apologize. I caught this thread searching for another topic and thought I would join the fun.

Sedalia Colorado------
The link below is my latest GoPro production using the "1080" resolution and r5, water proof door (I dont like to use sound much), Kensington Class '4' 8 gig card, mounted on the right front faring facing front and behind just in front of the throttle. Sorry there are no pix of mounting locations. Will post those next time. BTW, I'm still trying to correct the purple ghosting issue, no solution as of yet, it seems to be a common problem. I'm exploring the possibility of making a hood from plexiglass, although I have not worked out the logistics yet.

http://vimeo.com/channels/fifthgearadventures watch and enjoy....

Last edited:
Anybody ever run into a "-2048" error when trying to view a video with Quicktime?

Shot a skydiving video yesterday but can't open it. File may be corrupted and unrepairable but sent GoPro a support request to see what they think.

Here's a couple pics out of still mode...

GOPR0017 (Large).jpg

GOPR0020 (Large).jpg

GOPR0021 (Large).jpg

GOPR0041 (Large).jpg

Hey folks, I just returned to the forums after quite a long absence. For that I apologize. I caught this thread searching for another topic and thought I would join the fun.

Sedalia Colorado------
The link below is my latest GoPro production using the "1080" resolution and r5, water proof door (I dont like to use sound much), Kensington Class '4' 8 gig card, mounted on the right front faring facing front and behind just in front of the throttle. Sorry there are no pix of mounting locations. Will post those next time. BTW, I'm still trying to correct the purple ghosting issue, no solution as of yet, it seems to be a common problem. I'm exploring the possibility of making a hood from plexiglass, although I have not worked out the logistics yet.

Fifth Gear Adventures on Vimeo watch and enjoy....

Very nice video and great choice of Music...:beerchug:

Anybody ever run into a "-2048" error when trying to view a video with Quicktime?

Shot a skydiving video yesterday but can't open it. File may be corrupted and unrepairable but sent GoPro a support request to see what they think.

Have not gotten any warnings but did get a couple "nothings" when I'm sure it was on ? Maybe something to do with the vibes ?

What I am seeing in all videos from bikes is the 'waves' or 'floating' around of picture.
It seems to move around and then settle and then move around.
I have sent GoPro a few videos asking about this and when they are gonna figure out a good audio capture on the durn thing.
Seems motorsports was an afterthought on it and it was only made for Surfing or Skiing where sound is not that important. They thanked me for the links and said they would be forwarded to research for further eval.

Great pics though Keith. If I was in one it would look like this :

scare.png

Keith, I had the corrupted video issue last track day. I was still able to download the video using a photo editor. Again, I'm on a mac and it seems GoPro was built better for macs since the default software (iMovie, iPhoto) recognize the camera without issue.

I had to download the video on the photo editor and then move it over. Seemed odd to me but oh well.

Very cool shots! :beerchug:

What I am seeing in all videos from bikes is the 'waves' or 'floating' around of picture.
It seems to move around and then settle and then move around.

That's a vibration frequency issue. Not exactly sure WHY it has it, but I know on mine I get it around 3800rpm +/- 300rpm. Anywhere else in the powerband and it's not an issue.

That's a vibration frequency issue. Not exactly sure WHY it has it, but I know on mine I get it around 3800rpm +/- 300rpm. Anywhere else in the powerband and it's not an issue.

Same thing here. Above 4k it smoothes out.
But still it sucks cuz just tooling around it 'waves' all over the place.

Well I got my new elbow today from GoPro.
Got an email on Monday saying package was returned for whatever reason to them.
I explained to them I needed it before Friday and to please expedite it.
And they did. Sent it next day air as well as sent me two news screws for the elbow.
GoPro thank you .
Once again your customer service is 2nd to none...

Now I'm all ready to shoot some scooter videos in Cyprus...:rofl:

:cheerleader:

Here's what GoPro Tech support says about the -2048 error (and a GREAT TIP FOR ALL USERS):thumbsup::

Update for Case #49559 - "Quicktime error -2048"

Hello Keith,

It sounds like the video may have been corrupted. We recommend placing the file back on an SD card an inserting the SD card back in the camera, then powering on the camera. If you see SoS, that means your file was corrupted during filming for some reason. While SoS is showing on the screen, press ANY BUTTON on the camera and the camera will repair the file. While the camera is attempting to recover the file, the SoS icon will blink repeatedly. Once completed, the LCD screen will revert to the normal file counter display. This almost always works. It's a feature that didn't get mentioned in the instructions because it was added to the camera right before launch.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Many Thanks,

GoPro Support

Back