GoPro HD Resource Thread-Discussion-Settings-Mounts-Cards-Results

What I figured. I tried it. Shoot small video then remove and play to see what it looks like but then when I put camera back in or on its moved a bit :(
That's why I just use suction cuo on tank because I'm pretty consistent with it.

Once u get it figured out, just make it and youll be good for future

The wife gave me the :thumbsup:to get another GoPro. I have a 960 that I use for trial video and picture. So, today is Black Friday and it's good to get out and shop. Gotta SWEET deal on the HD Helmet Hero...$109.99 each. :cheerleader: You read it right!! With being bitten by the shopping bug, I bought three cameras....Yep, three! It's good to be in the military. Didn't want to be a glutton.:laugh: Now I plan to have 3-4 different cameras going at the same time so that I too may edit a nice multi-angle video. Unlike Chattanooga, I can't get a deal on the LCD...:down: I may just buy one and use it to setup the cameras before a ride. That way, I have the exact angles that I want. LMK what you think.

The wife gave me the :thumbsup:to get another GoPro. I have a 960 that I use for trial video and picture. So, today is Black Friday and it's good to get out and shop. Gotta SWEET deal on the HD Helmet Hero...$109.99 each. :cheerleader: You read it right!! With being bitten by the shopping bug, I bought three cameras....Yep, three! It's good to be in the military. Didn't want to be a glutton.:laugh: Now I plan to have 3-4 different cameras going at the same time so that I too may edit a nice multi-angle video. Unlike Chattanooga, I can't get a deal on the LCD...:down: I may just buy one and use it to setup the cameras before a ride. That way, I have the exact angles that I want. LMK what you think.

We'll have to change your username to RollingMovieStudio :laugh:

Setting up new angles and mounting positions was the main reason I got the LCD, but it'll also be nice for checking out videos in the field when I don't have a computer.

Here's a video I made yesterday. It's rather boring, but it's also my first one with a GoPro.

Setting up new angles and mounting positions was the main reason I got the LCD, but it'll also be nice for checking out videos in the field when I don't have a computer.

Here's a video I made yesterday. It's rather boring, but it's also my first one with a GoPro.

Looks like it's working great.:thumbsup:
Now hang a right or left off on one of those 2 lane side roads you went past. Lets see some twisties and countryside.:)

Looks like it's working great.:thumbsup:
Now hang a right or left off on one of those 2 lane side roads you went past. Lets see some twisties and countryside.:)

I actually got some good twisty action too, but later realized that there was a bug splattered all over the lens... :banghead:

Next time!

I like that name....just trying to keep up with Pashnit. The video was extra clear and crisp, plus the wind noise was very minimal. I liked it. Good job.

What if any major difference is there between the HD and HD2? Question is for those that already have the 1st Gen 1080. I ask, becuase I have a 960....plus 3 new 1080's, and I can tell the diff. between the 960 and 1080. Just wondering if I'll get that same sharp quality as Chatanooga's video.

sooo, Daniel...how many GB was that 4 mintues of footage, and what did you edit with?

sooo, Daniel...how many GB was that 4 mintues of footage, and what did you edit with?

Very rough math.... Around 450 MB before editing. I cut that section from a longer video that was 832 MB and 7:51 long.

After editing with Windows Live Movie Maker, it came out to 627 MB.

I used to use Sony Sound Forge and ACID all the time and I liked them pretty well, so I'm thinking about putting Vegas on my Christmas list.

Daniel what card are you using in the new camera? I think I remember reading it has to be a class 10 in order to get full potential from camera. Is this true?

Daniel what card are you using in the new camera? I think I remember reading it has to be a class 10 in order to get full potential from camera. Is this true?

Here's the card that I borrowed from my DSLR. So far it has been working in the GoPro without issue... SanDisk Ultra SDHC Class 4 (15MB/s) 16GB

However, I am expecting one of these to be hung by the chimney with care... SanDisk Extreme SDHC Class 10 (30MB/s) 32GB

The following is from the FAQ on GoPro's website. I also attached a scan from the user manual.

What kind of SD card do I need?

You will need to get a class-4 or higher SD card from a reputable brand and source in order to use the camera effectively. A class-10 SD card is recommended when using Time-Lapse mode or photo every 0.5 seconds.

What SD card format should I use?

The cards need to be formatted in FAT32 format.

GoPro Hero HD2 scan.jpg

And a comment about the 3M VHB tape that is used on the mounts... I seem to remember something about a thread where someone had an adhesion failure in cold weather.

Before installing the mounting pad on my Shoei RF-1100 helmet, I thoroughly cleaned the area with alcohol and allowed it to dry well. After sticking the mount, it was allowed to sit for a few days at room temperature before being used.

The day I made the above video, the temperature was right around 28F when I left home. Even after taking it deep into triple digits a couple of times, there were no issues at all.

The only issue I had with a lack of stick concerned my 6000-mile-old Pilot Road 2's, and their replacement Q2's are waiting in the next room. :laugh:

Here's the card that I borrowed from my DSLR. So far it has been working in the GoPro without issue... SanDisk Ultra SDHC Class 4 (15MB/s) 16GB

However, I am expecting one of these to be hung by the chimney with care... SanDisk Extreme SDHC Class 10 (30MB/s) 32GB

The following is from the FAQ on GoPro's website. I also attached a scan from the user manual.

That's a great price for such a fast large capacity card! I figured it would be double.
And yes you just need to let the 3m tape set up and cure for at least a day before using it.
Take it off with a hair dryer. Softens it back up and you can peel it right off.

Does anyone have a resource for a 2-3" mount extension? I did see the "eye of mine" carbon fiber one, but don't care for it.

My GoPro Hero has 3 settings on it....r1=wvga@60fps, r2=720@30fps, and r3=960@30fps. It says it is HD.
I don't know if mine is an older version or what. My wife got it for me for Christmas this year. What is wvga? And what is the difference between r2 and r3 if they are both the same fps?
I am going to do mostly drag racing videos on the bike and in cars as well. What would be my best bet as far as settings go?
I didnt really realize there was so much of a learning curve to using this thing!!

Any ideas and input will be greatly appreciated!!!

My GoPro Hero has 3 settings on it....r1=wvga@60fps, r2=720@30fps, and r3=960@30fps. It says it is HD.
I don't know if mine is an older version or what. My wife got it for me for Christmas this year. What is wvga? And what is the difference between r2 and r3 if they are both the same fps?
I am going to do mostly drag racing videos on the bike and in cars as well. What would be my best bet as far as settings go?
I didnt really realize there was so much of a learning curve to using this thing!!

Any ideas and input will be greatly appreciated!!!

WVGA = Wide VGA... about 848 x 480 resolution (regular VGA is 640 x 480)

r2 is 720 vertical lines of resolution and r3 is 960 lines.

I would probably try r3... Gives you more resolution top-to-bottom.

Oh - and as for models... the Hero2 is the latest camera, but they also still sell the Hero. It's just what you're gonna do with it and the capabilities... They have several models and 'kits' that they sell...

Back