GoPro HD Resource Thread-Discussion-Settings-Mounts-Cards-Results

Used everything , paper clips , needles , pins , knives. The card does not depress inside for it to pop out. Any more force and i am scared i might break my card.So i guess a spring or connector must have snapped. Maybe opening it will give me access to the card slot . ???

Are you sure you put it in correctly? If installed backwards it will not snap in or out.
Use tweezers to pull it out?

Gopro Hero2 set on 720@30fps wide.
Sandisk 32gb class 10 data card.
3 minutes from a ride other night. 75 degrees , 77% humidity , light fog.
Suction cup on side fairing.

The sound is not so good and this might be due to mounted position transferring vibes?

Hi all, came up with a new idea for a chin mount I think you all will find useful, if not that's ok to. started with a YouTube video, this fella made a mount out of JB weld and used 3M VHB tape to stick it to his helmets chin guard. Well I didn't want to stick anything to my lid, besides it kind of looked funny without the cam. So I decided to make one that was removable. Here is a list of the parts I used.
1. 3 in long L bracket aluminum, 1 1/4 in wide.
2. strip of aluminum 1 1/8 wide by 2 5/8 long.
3. 3/8 thick piece of plastic (I used nylon) shaped to GoPro flat mount.
3. one 1/4 20 wood anchor nut (any hardware store).
4. homemade thin plastic cap.
5 2 6x32 countersink screws
6 round 3M felt pad 1 in round.
I didn't take pictures while building it so I will explain and you can see from the pics.
First drill 1/4 in hole in the center of the plastic you shape for the flat mount, Heat the 1/4x20 anchor then use a vice or vice-grip pliers to press the anchor nut into the hole you drilled, vice works best.
Then peel cover off of the mount and stick them together with the head of the nut on top against the tape, press together for 24 hrs using some type of weight or clamp. Once that's done get your flat piece of aluminum and shape to the front trim of your lower chin guard.
Here is where your judgment comes in, press L bracket against the inside of your chin guard tight place the preformed piece of flat aluminum against the molding of your chin guard and mark the L bracket on each side or clamp strip to the bracket, there will be 2 places to drill one on each side. Drill for 6x32 tap then remove the fat strip. Tap the 6x32 holes in the L bracket then drill the flat strip large enough for the screw, when that is finished counter sink the holes in the flat strip.
Now bend your flat strip just past the counter sunk holes up I used a brake but a vice should do, bend it to the angle of the lower half of your chin guard, move up about an inch and bend to the shape of the upper half of the guard ( I have a Shoei RF1000). From the second bend move up another inch and bend the tip to fit into your chin vent, this is where the home made cap will go. Now bolt it together with the holes you prepared and put it in place on the guard, if needed you can bend the flat piece to fit tight.
I had to elongate the hole in my L bracket for the GP clip mount to fit, I placed the felt at the lower end of my front arm.
If I can get this to work here are some pics with a vid to show the view.
hero2
720-60
1280x720
PNY 16GB class10

PIC_0196.jpg

PIC_0197.jpg

PIC_0201.jpg

PIC_0202.jpg

PIC_0203.jpg

PIC_0204.jpg

PIC_0205.jpg

PIC_0206.jpg

PIC_0208.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy cow, that looks dangerous. I like the idea for placement, but the method makes me nervous. Creative though.

Thanks for the comments fellas, I put a lot of thought into this mount. Yes I agree it does look kind of scary but it really is relatively safe, I annealed the front brace so it is fairly soft and will bend upon impact which will cause it to fall off immediately. Now head on face first into something I'm not positive but fairly sure the camera and case will prevent facial damage, the only place to go is down and off. I'll do my best not to find out, face first into any thing cam or not will most likely break your neck. the mount is firm and handles high speed easily, it won't fall off. If it does, I have a lanyard attached to it to prevent mishaps and ground contact. I figure it's no worse than spikes all over the bike (spikes make great pivot points for rotation not to mention punctures). I am going to round all sharp edges and corners to prevent an accidental ouch. I do have ideas for other mounts on the bike and will post them as I make them, thanks for checking this out and keep the comments coming, I am open to other ideas so speak up if you have any and enjoy the vids as I post them, there not that exciting but there fun to make.:grinning:

Does anyone have both the Go Pro HD and the Go Pro HD2?

I would like to know for sure if the HD2 is twice as good. Is it really sharper?

Thanks for any replies :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info.

So if you put them side by side would there be no problem in seeing that the HD2 was sharper, or does it depend and only sometimes is it sharper?
Just trying to decide if it is worth the extra $100. Costco has the HD (I think motorsport) for $199 vs 299 for the HD2 on Go Pro's site.

If anyone is interested, I came up with a super quick mount tonight. I drilled and tapped a hole in my mirror stalk, then threaded a RAM ball onto the mirror stalk. I can unscrew the ball and you'd never know it was there. Seems really solid, and looks pretty decent too... I posted this in the other GoPro thread, but this one seems to get more traffic..

244088d1334285316-offical-gopro-thread-dscn0529.jpg

244089d1334285316-offical-gopro-thread-dscn0531.jpg

244090d1334285316-offical-gopro-thread-dscn0534.jpg

Yea, bots pls follow Saaid up the Dragon his first run, I wanna watch those burrs on the sides of his tires get scuffed up a little :rofl:

Did this out of boredom.

Model - GoPro HD Hero2
Resolution - 720p-60fps
Mount type - Suction cup on side fairing
SDcard - PNY pro. 16gb class10 SDHC
Software - CyberLink Power Director 9

Make sure you change quality to HD

Back