GoPro captures huge bird that almost hits me.

You are lucky that bird wasn't on a 'bombing run'.....:laugh:

WOW that was close, Wonder if that could have been a secret assassin bird from Kawi/BWM to finally try to take out the Busa??? :laugh:

Have run across wild turkey running the roads. Had a Canada Honker fly over me one time. Close but not that close. I saw his tail drop and up he went out of my way.

That is some amazing footage. Listen--you can actually hear the thing swift by you. Glad you and bike and bird are all fine. No joke, that could easily kill a rider. Something to really think about if you are going fast.

Last edited:
yikes almost a birdstrike.....not good....glad you made it outta that one ok....

That was too close blanca! I almost hit a big gray owl a couple of years ago. It had cought a rabbit and must have been heavy as the owl dropped right in front of me. I also almost hit a big crow several years ago. Came over a hill and it was in the road with some roadkill, and took off right at me. I ducked hitting the tank with my helmet. When my friend and I stopped for gas down the road he was still shaking, and told me to take off my helmet and look at it. There were several black feathers sticking out of the visor. Glad your OK.

That was too close blanca! I almost hit a big gray owl a couple of years ago. It had cought a rabbit and must have been heavy as the owl dropped right in front of me. I also almost hit a big crow several years ago. Came over a hill and it was in the road with some roadkill, and took off right at me. I ducked hitting the tank with my helmet. When my friend and I stopped for gas down the road he was still shaking, and told me to take off my helmet and look at it. There were several black feathers sticking out of the visor. Glad your OK.

I keep looking at the pic of the wing right next to me and can't believe that I didnt hit it ?
Thinking about it I never looked back after passing it ?
Could possibly have clipped him just a bit and maybe it did fall into road behind me. I was so freaked out by it I just kept going and forgot to look back to see if it was ok or not.

Until now I had not thought of it but yes it seems my good luck bell worked eh ?

either that or the force was very strong with you that day :vader:

i went back and watched the video again, watching the reflection in the gauges, the bird in the rear view mirror, and how the shadow passes over you, and i don't think you hit it. i bet you would have kissed it pretty good if you hadn't ducked though.

i killed a meadow lark with my adams apple at about 75mph, that hurt. i have a mighty neck spear of an adams apple but i don't taking out a bird that size would be a good idea for neither i, nor the bird.:rofl:
close one buddy, close one.

you coulda reached up and grabbed dinner!:eatchicken:

Yup, almost had a red-tailed hawk do the same thing to me one morning. I was doing around 90 on a tollway when he swooped down right across my helmet. I guess he must have been hungry and totally focused on whatever he was catching for breakfast.

Think of how bad he is getting abused by the other birds in the flock for getting beat by a Busa! :laugh: Seriously, glad it was only a close call.

Close call Saiid! I think it thought about mating with your busa! (It's White too!) Then it saw you on it and aborted its mission!:poke::laugh:

Back