Gen 1 k2 bussa

K1CKSTER

Registered
I have recently got my dream bike, and it is great. 26k legit mile on the clock and in good condition. Now I have a few things to ask for guidance and options.

1. I have a track day booked on the 10th April at Mallory Park, I have pilot power 2ct tyres, any suggestions for tyre pressures?

2. Got a slight leak on the factory fitted steering damper, I am thinking of removing it, good or bad idea?

3. I am also thinking of jacking the rear end up, I did it on my 98 ZX9R and it handled like a dream, good or bad idea?

I look forward to your feedback

I have recently got my dream bike, and it is great. 26k legit mile on the clock and in good condition. Now I have a few things to ask for guidance and options.

1. I have a track day booked on the 10th April at Mallory Park, I have pilot power 2ct tyres, any suggestions for tyre pressures?

2. Got a slight leak on the factory fitted steering damper, I am thinking of removing it, good or bad idea?

3. I am also thinking of jacking the rear end up, I did it on my 98 ZX9R and it handled like a dream, good or bad idea?

I look forward to your feedback
Congrats on the new ride! We love pics so make sure to post some.

1. No comments.
2. Since you are going to the track, I would get an eBay used unit but some people do remove them all together.
3. Some members have done the +1 dog bones and report that is nice improvement.

Thanks for the reply mabupa, did all my old decals today and love the way it looks now.

I have had many bikes in the past and never had a steering damper so I feel like I won't miss it.

20230404_141312.jpg

Welcome.

Tire thread around here are a sensitive subject as everyone and anyone has a different opinion.....
The beast is big and heavy, a steering damper is a good idea....I'd bet everyone on that track on a modern bike will be using one.
Jacking it up will make it turn in quicker as you know.

I take it all the normal maintenance items are taken care of....riding this big, heavy beast on a track is not an easy feat and it loves to eat up tires and brake pads while doing so if you go hard.

Hi Bumblebee, yeah to all the normal maintenance, I will be going over it all again the day before.
I did brands hatch indy circuit with a 98 ZX9R and that was a big beast too so used to the weight, I like the older bigger bike, one of my favourites was my 96 thunderclap.

downloadl_150817_6463_brands_hatch.jpg

Hi Bumblebee, yeah to all the normal maintenance, I will be going over it all again the day before.
I did brands hatch indy circuit with a 98 ZX9R and that was a big beast too so used to the weight, I like the older bigger bike, one of my favourites was my 96 thunderclap.
"Thunderclap?" I've never heard of that one....

No doubt you've watched this.....we will expect a similar video from you....LOL!

When I take mine to the track, I drop to between 31/31 - 32/32, but that also depends on the air and track temp. When it's hotter, I drop to 30/28

But in the end, that's up to how the suspension is set up and quality / condition of suspension and tyres.
Tyres are brand new with about 100 miles used, suspension is standard. I have not had the bike long and have not had the time to go through everything yet.
I was originally gonna be doing my track day on a benelli 752s but about 4 weeks ago I got fed up of having bike I know I am not gonna keep. The benelli was fun but not a long term bike.
I am 6'1 and 214 lbs so I will be setting up the suspension for my weight.

20230226_161153.jpg

Tyres are brand new with about 100 miles used, suspension is standard. I have not had the bike long and have not had the time to go through everything yet.
I was originally gonna be doing my track day on a benelli 752s but about 4 weeks ago I got fed up of having bike I know I am not gonna keep. The benelli was fun but not a long term bike.
I am 6'1 and 214 lbs so I will be setting up the suspension for my weight.

View attachment 1665110
You will Need heavier fork springs at 214 lbs

Update people. I have taken my steering damper off my k2 bussa. And I think the leak is coming from the end I indicate in the pic. Has anyone taken a factory damper apart and can I replace the seals on it?

20230406_125538.jpg

Back