Friend wanted to ride my busa

I have been telling two guys I work with for over a year NO.  Both ride crusers, a Harley and a V star.  I don't have a problem because I payed for it.  I don't understand why people can't understand No means No, and that should be that!
C'mon dude, every woman and man knowz that No means maybe to Men.
biggrin.gif

no means yes and yes means more....

most anyone who has been in the biking community, weather it be harleys sport bikes. knows better than to ask. this guys sounds kinda like one of those ppl who just walk up and sit on your shiat without asking too. no and i dont care if you get a case of the red azz about it either

I've let many friends ride my Busa, but they're guys I trust, guys that know how to ride, guys that can and WILL replace my bike if they screw something up...

There's nothing wrong with telling a friend "no" if you don't feel like he would be a good candidate to ride your bike...any "good friend" would understand this...I've told guys no and they've respected my decision...

Sorry about the dilemma though; it sucks...
sad.gif

I am getting ready to ride over my friends house to explain my position.   I feel better knowing that I am not the only one who feels this way.  I am not a ##### (ok maybe sometimes!!!) but I will not change my position...  Thanks guys!!!!  I told him he needed to join the .org. if he really wanted to understand the busa culture... (and it is a culture)

Thanks again
Darryl
D, I can count on one hand, and still have two fingers left over, the people I would let ride my Busa. I would NEVER ask to ride someone else's MC. It is just a MC owner thing!

You did the right thing! Do I know your friend?

Tom.

though I dont ask to ride other peoples bikes I will let anyone I have met a few times, who has a rider license AND has the money to pay for what they break take it for a spin.

I pay for insurance for a reason and thats so I can treat my busa like its made of something stronger than crystal, and can share the experience with people I have some trust with.

The way i look at it, If I go riding through the coutryside at 250 khm+ speeds with other riders just meters from me then its a bit silly to say I dont trust them enough to take my bike for a run around the block.

Anyway i am proud of my busa and it irks me when people say things like it s heacy its a bit old etc... I find flicking them the key and letting em ride it for a bit always changes their opinions real quick.

moX

I am getting ready to ride over my friends house to explain my position.   I feel better knowing that I am not the only one who feels this way.  I am not a ##### (ok maybe sometimes!!!) but I will not change my position...  Thanks guys!!!!  I told him he needed to join the .org. if he really wanted to understand the busa culture... (and it is a culture)

Thanks again
Darryl
D, I can count on one hand, and still have two fingers left over, the people I would let ride my Busa. I would NEVER ask to ride someone else's MC. It is just a MC owner thing!

You did the right thing! Do I know your friend?

Tom.
Yep!!! Just purchased a home n Fredericksburg!!!

you know your friend better then anyone. If you don't trust him then you made the right call not letting him ride your bike.

No one rides my Busa. Period. I don't even let my grown boys ride my bike. They aren't happy about that but.......OH WELL!!!!

I have only let two people ride mine, one another busa owner, and the other a good friend that races on MX, other than that, if anyone asks, It doesnt even take me 1 second to start getting nervous, I can see all the images in my head racing through, and the person saying I am so sorry, I didnt expect the bike to do that... So when they get a snappy no, and ask why. they have no clue what just went through my mind
biggrin.gif

well...my usual response is HELL NO...lol...unless they hand me 13,000

If my friend was a very experience rider with full coverage insurance, I'd probably let them take it for a 5 minute or less spin around my cul-de-sac. This of course,would be the very best of friends and no one else. In general, no one rides my bike. It took me a long time to get the bike of my dreams and I've put too much $$$ and pride in it. I would not want to let any possible mishap come between my friends an I.

Stay with the no on this one.

I am very picky who I'll let ride my Busa.
So far my wife is the only one who has ridden it.

Otherwise you may lose the bike
sad.gif
Nobody rides my bike but me. I don't ask to ride anybody else's and politely turn them down if they offer up their bike. I bought what I wanted and am quite satisfied
wink.gif
tounge.gif
cool.gif

Back