Friend wanted to ride my busa

basscrazy

Donating Member
Registered
Dear Org.
I get home last night from being TDY in FL. Read a couple of emails. Check the org. PM Shibumi about his Pazzo's. After I install my levers, a friend come over to the house. He see my bike and asks if he can take it out. I say no very quickly. My wife said I sounded very mean and upset when saying it. I did not know that you can sound both mean and upset when using a two letter word??? Anyway, I went away feeling bad. I have no problems with letting someone with a busa or other high end sport bike ride my bike. I assume that they understand how I feel about my stuff. They respect it becuase they respect their own. My friend does not understand busas. He always asks the stupid questions like why do you wear gear. He can ride, but just not my bike!! He mentioned that he has seen me offer my bike to other friends, and I have. (They ride busas. They own or have owned several. They teach me everytime I get around them) My friend misses all of that!!!! He is upset at me now. I understand his point. But I will not change my mind.

Tom (Postal) you know who I am talking about. He asked to ride your bike a while back. What do you guys do in a situation like this?

Signed:
may-have-lost-a-friend-over-my-bike-and-don't-care

Stay with the no on this one.

I am very picky who I'll let ride my Busa.
So far my wife is the only one who has ridden it.

Otherwise you may lose the bike
sad.gif

I would say no if offered money so IMO you did the right thing. My wife & my busa...KEEP AWAY!
mad.gif

Hey it is your busa and if your friend cannot understand that this is a dangerous animal and that he can get hurt very fast.  The only other pereson that has ridden my busa is my son and that is because i've seen him ride and have even rode with him and he's my son.  Others have asked and gotten a resounding NO!!  To me if your friend is mad cause you said no he's no friend.  
if you let him ride you have got to feel good about it.  

23_2_91.gif

23_11_56.gif

Just say no. If you are concerned that your Busaless friend will not respect your bike (or, get hurt on it), then keep him and your bike safe. You're not disrespecting him you're looking out for his wellbeing (and his wallet in case he drops it while disrespecting it's power).

Hell I say NO all the time...if they get upset - it doesnt affect my insurance or my savings
cool.gif

Besides...a good afternoon at the Kart track will solve all problems between you two. Either that or offer to initiate him into riding the right way - sign him up for an MSF class.

Cheers!

Tell him he got the nice version. Send him to my house. He would get a backhand with a HELL NO!

For real... I think it's an insult to even ask to ride someone elses bike. I've been riding for over 10 years and not once have I asked, and when asked the only answer I have ever given is no.

Only one ass sits on that seat..... and that "ass" is me
laugh.gif

I agree completely. No is fine. Moondog and Shibumi have both ridden my Busa, but wait, they own busas themselves. If the guy got offended then that is his problem.

JMHO
Don

Tell him YES if you get to ride his wife/girlfriend because its basically the same question that he's asking of you.

My tobin seat is sized for only one a$$ and its mine.

Busafng

If he has enough 'cake' to fork out and either fix yours or replace it,he has enough to buy his own! Period!

Good job, I would have said NO in 20 languages to insure full understanding.

mad.gif
NO, NO, NO
guns.gif

No is good. I let my little brother ride my old 7R and he laid it down in about 3 seconds. He kept promising me he could ride, and for about 3 seconds I thought he could.

I have let 4 people people ride my busa. They all have been on bikes and understand the power of the busa. Two of them own busas that I had ridden previously.

Dont feel bad, but maybe explain why to your buddy. If he is your friend, he'll understand.

I have like 3 friends that have rode mt Busa, 1 has a busa also, the other 2 both have high end liter bikes and i've rode with them for years...not to mention i was on there bike while they rode mine. BUT under no circumstances would i let someone that had no idea how powerful a Busa it is compaired to... well about every other bike on the road, OR without knowing how they ride and been riding with them for years.

it's not that i'm warried about my bike, it's insured, it can be replaced, BUT A FRIENDS LIFE CAN NOT BE.

The only person that rides my Busa other than me is the mechanic. My best friend was hurt when I told him no, but we are still best friends.

Just say no.  If you are concerned that your Busaless friend will not respect your bike (or, get hurt on it), then keep him and your bike safe.  You're not disrespecting him you're looking out for his wellbeing (and his wallet in case he drops it while disrespecting it's power).
+1

Back