Florida Price jack-FLa peeps whats goin on down there?

I'm not going to get into it but.......YOU DO NOT PAY TAX LOCALLY ON A VEHICLE THAT IS REMOVED AND REGISTERED IN ANOTHER STATE!

You would be paying tax twice on it because when you take your paperwork down to the local office, they are going to want tax on the spot. Do you think the purchase state is going to send you a refund on the initial tax.......HELL NO!

All you do is sign something stating the vehicle will be taken out of state and registered in another. Some states have a standard form for this some don't.

Good day! :beerchug:

Got -Busa a completed purchase order or anything legal that shows he paid tax here would be good for there. A finance agreement, buyers order or anything from a verifiable dealer that show he paid tax will allow him to not pay it there.
No such thing as 'double dipping'
Unless your an Idiot and wanna pay it twice.
If he came he to buy the bike with intent on having dealer register it for him in state where hes from so he could put a temp tag on and ride then dealer would collect the sales tax at the rate of whatever state he is registering it in.

I registered cars in every state in the country .
I live in a place where many aspire to retire and those folks bought Lincolns by the Uknow what load.
I have registered cars in Canada as well as shipped them overseas to many countires in Europe for folks.
The only place we ever had trouble with was California due to the fact ford made 49 state legal vehicles that could not pass smog tests in Cali.
Sorry folks cant sell you a car.

Any dealer here will give you the option of paying your sales tax here or there.
But if he is registering it for you he will collect sales tax from that state.
Some states have no sales tax at all. They have a road tax of like 3%.
New Hampshire was one that was kinda funny on that.
We used to have a book in the F&I office that detailed the tax codes for all states AS WELL AS EACH COUNTY. Dont forget that can vary as well.

I'm done trying to convince people of what I know to be fact. :) Poppy posted the document on the previous page, so if you're interested, it's all there in black and white. :beerchug:

I think the MOST important thing to remember is...

Lycans finally getting his track bike:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

So let's end it on a happy note huh?:rofl::rofl:

Thnaks to all for the information through, as usual, yall have been a great help:thumbsup:

When I bought my bike in Florida, I paid 2% tax for Alabama. Make sure you get the tax paperwork from Florida otherwise when you go to your DMV you will have to pay it again, my DMV collected the additional 1.75% tax to make up the 3.75% total sales tax... However when I bought my truck in Louisiana, I told the dealership that I would be taking care of the sales tax in my state, they made me sign a paper stating that and it was all good...Hope this helps...

• If a Florida dealer sells a motor vehicle to a resident of another state that imposes a
sales tax of less than six percent and the buyer takes possession of the vehicle in
Florida, the buyer’s home state tax rate may be applied to the sale. Other restrictions
may apply.
In order to be eligible for the lower tax rate, the buyer must give the dealer a
completed, notarized Affidavit for Partial Exemption of Motor Vehicle Sold for
Licensing in Another State (DR-123). The dealer must keep the affidavit for 3
years.
Example #1: Residents of North Carolina sign the affidavit and pay no sales tax
because their state has no sales tax on motor vehicles.
Example #2: Residents of Alabama sign the affidavit and pay 2 percent sales tax
because Alabama has a 2 percent sales tax rate on motor vehicles.

So Vonderbach your point is ?
Seems like exactly what I was saying no ?
You pay the tax at the rate for whatever state you intend on registering it in.
Here or there doesnt matter.
Register here you pay tax up front at time of delivery

G
Any dealer here will give you the option of paying your sales tax here or there.
But if he is registering it for you he will collect sales tax from that state.
Some states have no sales tax at all. They have a road tax of like 3%.
New Hampshire was one that was kinda funny on that.
We used to have a book in the F&I office that detailed the tax codes for all states AS WELL AS EACH COUNTY. Dont forget that can vary as well.

Maybe that is the difference if you have them register it locally. But it doesn't sound like that is the case since it's a track bike for him.

I've bought 15+ vehicles all purchased in one state and licensed/title/registered in another (due to military assignment) and NEVER paid local sales tax. When I send the paperwork to my home state, they collect it there. Different way of doing it maybe but it's always worked for me and I've never had to worry about paying the wrong state or over/under paying the different state tax rates... :beerchug:

Pics....? :poke:

Yes but the one who you purchased it from could have saved you the trip and registered it for you and collected proper tax at time of sale.
You could have gone home and waited for the mail. Work with someone who gives a durn and they will collect proper tax for you.
Your choice I used to tell folks..

What really used to get them was when I told them they had to pay tax on the REBATES !
Sometimes the Lincolns would have almost 10k in rebates.
Guess what state of Florida considers that a taxable gift and you have to pay 6% of 10k.
They always every time used to complain, jump up and down those old folks did.
Salesman would come in crying 'my deals falling apart, help !'

I would go in with two stacks of paper i cut up to look like bills.

Lycan congrats on the bike.
Do we even know yr, make or model ?
I forget ?
I would put one blank stank in their hand and hold the other.
When asked what was going on I would ask them simply.

'I have 10,000 dollars in my hand. Do you wanna buy it for the 600 in yours ? '

Worked every time.
Geesh have to pay 600 to save 10k.
Or you just get 9400 off doesnt matter.

If they still complained I would just add 10k back to buyers order and then they would wake up !

Lycan congrats on the bike.

Yr, make, model ?

Last edited:
So Vonderbach your point is ?
Seems like exactly what I was saying no ?
You pay the tax at the rate for whatever state you intend on registering it in.
Here or there doesnt matter.
Register here you pay tax up front at time of delivery

From what he has said, it's a track bike and he does not plan to register it and would prefer not to pay taxes.

:beerchug::beerchug:

Track Bike 1.jpg

Track Bike 2.jpg

Track Bike 3.jpg

Track  Bike 4.jpg

Nice, is that a 600? My wife has 600 looks identical except she replaced the blue with pink.

I'm disaapointed.. I thought I would see the star... :no:

yamaha.jpg

Last edited:
Yup its a 600,...2008 with 600 miles on her! her name is Lauryn:laugh:

Last edited:
Back