Florida Price jack-FLa peeps whats goin on down there?

So Lycan...:whistle:
You left us hangin' ???

Dealer or not ?
Are you still in or out and have moved on ?
Enquiring minds want to know.

The point is you have to pay the tax for a dealer purchase. Massive Florida tax fraud has been and is going on. Figure it into you purchase price. I live in Port Richey! I ride in Port Richey! I live in the ghetto in Port Richey!!:moon: Bunch of bike thieves around here....

Sorry peeps been little under the weather...

The place is a Stealership...I told him I wanted to pay CASH for the bike, that it was going to be tracked only...and of course that I would show up witha trailer to take it home.

The guy tels me 2 options..again..

1 Pay the MD tax there (which is stupid cause when u go to the DMV here they collect it IF you're going to register and road ride it which is not the case.

2. IF i Do NOT pay the tax, then I have to show up with a carrier order that says the bike will be shipped to MD, but he wasnt clear as to where or why..suffice it to say they lost a sale and Im still looking for a track bike:laugh:

Ive bought bikes in OH, WVA and never gone through this BS...strange to me???

A lot of people are not aware of thes strict regulations on sales tax. If they ever get audited, they'll get smart quick. :poke:

HOWEVER (and I'm asking a question and not making a statement):

IF you bought this motorcycle over the internet from that dealer, and clearly made the transaction over the internet and he shipped the bike to you in OH, is that not a "tax free internet transaction"? Of course, the moment you go to get a OH title you'll have to pay OH sales tax...

I bought my gixxer from a private individual, and paid sales tax when registering it in TN.

Here's the basic rundown on salestax.

Selling out of state, you have to have proof that it is leaving the state if you do not plan to charge sales tax. If the customer take possession in the state, regardless of intent, you MUST charge sales tax. The exemptions include the above, a formal document showing that the bike is being shipped out of state (if it were me, I would demand a tracking number,) a tax exempt number for resale or a tax exempt cert for non-profit or government use.

Buying a bike over the internet and subsequently having it shipped will allow the dealer to exempt you from paying taxes in Florida.

Just talked to another dealership dude tells me if I come down with cash and a trailer i can take the bike...he kind of understand what the other guy was saying but he stated that OTHER delaership must have a nob on their hands that isnt familiar with the tax law chnages.....SO......Lycan may be going to Tampa Fla soon to pick up his track bike:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Oh yeah! And he said I have to sign something hes gonna draft up that says Im taking the bike back to MD and that I intend on titling it there:laugh::whistle:

YEah..im gonna pay the tax to title a track bike...not likely:laugh:

Just talked to another dealership dude tells me if I come down with cash and a trailer i can take the bike...he kind of understand what the other guy was saying but he stated that OTHER delaership must have a nob on their hands that isnt familiar with the tax law chnages.....SO......Lycan may be going to Tampa Fla soon to pick up his track bike:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

It's the new guy that doesn't understand the law. :(

But hey, if you can do it, go for it. The dealer is going to have to incur the expense if they ever audit him, not you.

afterhours not talking about fraud only talking about getting a bike off the lot of one who may be asking for something not needed.

It is imp no matter what I say to get around the tax.
If he registers the bike he will have to pay it, simple.
There is a diff between working the system and cheating it.
I am master at the first and not guilty of the 2nd ever.
I have kids whose faces I look into every day.
Dont want them to see a cheater, ever.

my comment was both "tongue in cheek" and cautionary.....as you never know who could be watching.

It's the new guy that doesn't understand the law. :(

But hey, if you can do it, go for it. The dealer is going to have to incur the expense if they ever audit him, not you.

Understood...not my business to know FLorida Tax laws...I know that if I register a vehicle in MD I have to pay the Tax, Title etc...thats all I can worry about...can't solve world hunger either so..???

so are we openly talking about committing fraud over the internet?

Wow..dont think you get the point..

just pay your taxes and follow the rules.....

Whatever bro...maybe that works where you're from I salute you for being independantly wealthy enough to pay taxes here and there just cause someone tells ya too:laugh:

my state will require a "race-only" vehicle to be registered as a race only vehicle. you can get something impounded even if its in a trailer or truck. never seen it happen, but i have seen DMV and LEO show up at the track and check for vin#

LEO can come look at anything he wants except my property, unless he has a warrant to search...showing up to "see" if any bikes on track are stolen is cool and all as long as they stay away from mine:laugh: something tells me i wouldnt have too much issue there though:laugh:

Hey we met a salesman who wants to get paid ....:cheerleader:

Vonderbach I got one word for you.....CHARGEBACK...
Dealer mistake. If they 'draw up' a doc they are happy with and he leaves with bike...fine.
If it ever comes back the dealer will have to pay it not him..

Sign a statement saying its going out of state and he should be fine.
If you ever show up anywhere to register it you will have to have proof you paid sales tax on the selling price of it no matter what state he is in , agreed.
No way around tax and registration..

But then there is always the word 'gift' and sale price can be rough book below actual...:whistle:

Love them loopholes dont ya'

Trust me if I try to title or register it in MD they WILL charge me the tx based on the sale proice of the vehicle. My next area of concern is what the MD law is for htis type of vehicle...i still say if its not going to be on a publicly maintained road no need to register and title...just my thought....:laugh:

They will require a notarized bill of sale with the purchase price

AND they actually look at KBB if you bring them one that even look sketchy:laugh::laugh:theyre gonna get theyre money trust me:laugh:

Ok so Im shopping around for my track bike, and I find this place in Port Richey(?)

Dude tells me, that either...

1. I HAVE to pay the MD tax there

or

2. I HAVE to show up with a bill of lading demostrating the bike is to be trasporterd by a shipping company to MD...for what????

Soooo, I can't just GO to the sunshine state anyomore, buy a bike and throw in on my trailer and take it home?

Somebodys gotta clear this up for me..???

Try reading this, maybe it will help??

http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/forms/2009/gt800030.pdf

Back