Favorite Restaurant and why?

Carl's Junior, McDonald's, Burger King etc. with an occasional upscale visit to Kentucky Fried.

Just checking how the "no kid left behind" program is working versus tax dollars.

It ain't workin.

r8

Carl's Jr=:super:

Double Western, SuperStar, $6 burger original, and onion rings are some of my all time faves!

+1 on Chipotle

I also love The Melting Pot.

I feel bad for you Professor and all of you that live so far from the coast. We have so many great little seafood places here I could never name them all. I grew up near the ocean and always miss it when I am away, good seafood is but one of many reasons why.

I love it when I get close to the coast for that very reason.

We stopped into Kemah boardwalk (near Houston) and ohh man.... great place. I think it had 7 or 8 Seafood places. I heard Hurricane Ike took its toll on it however.

btw We ended up with a Melting pot here. Pricey but well worth it for the special occasion.

Ooooh...I totally spaced my favorites in San Diego and Biloxi from when we were there:

San Diego had this one mexican place by a church we went to for a while...good shredded beef burritos! We also had a place by our house, but it burned down. We all shed a tear on that one!!!

Biloxi was McElroy's. Then again, we knew the owner's son Keith and the staff knew it. SO, when we ordered the food was cooked extra special (in a good way, not a spit way) and it was always HUGE portions. Yummy yummy!!! Then again, my boys in the kitchen at Hooters ALWAYS hooked me up with some yummy stuff. Not from the menu, but stuff they came up with while they were bored and in the kitchen. Oh my gosh...gotta love southern cooking

Man, some of y'all have some low rent tastes. :D :poke: :laugh:

Okay, the only places that are worth eating at are the local hole-in-the-wall joints. Never met a chain restaurant that I'd be able to call a favorite. Don't get me wrong. An occasional stop at Ruth's Chris or Outback gives you a chance to not have to clean up afterward but if you're going to eat out, eat good.

Local joints we love:

Pasta House Italian Restaurant
Vietnam Grill
Casa Benevides
Heaven Dragon
Fratelli's Pizza

Some others we liked were in CA and I could drive there, but I don't remember their names any more.

:D

--Wag--

not a whole lot to choose from in moultrie ga. in valdosta my place is the texas roadhouse. never had a bad meal there and it's a college town so the waitresses are so cute. If anyone comes to the ama next weekend try it' You won't be sorry.:thumbsup:

In upstate New York State (Rochester & Syracuse), a biker BBQ--Dionsaur--Great food, great riders, and GREAT Blues bands!:thumbsup:

J Alexanders, Chattanooga Tennessee, Emerald coast shrimp.

Mellow Mushroom, Chattanooga Tenn. Pizza

Jackson Hole, 3rd AVE, New York City, Cheese burger.

MY grill, My house, T Bone Steak. :)

Ahhh... Farfalla Ristorante in the Los Felis neighborhood of Los Angeles. Been there maybe 15 times in 10 years, at least 7 years ago I know the maitre'd recognized me - with a discrete "nice to see you again" because afterall, I am a lady and it would be improper to embarass my dining companion with a display of familiarity toward me.

Professional, CAREER waitstaff (rare in a town where most waiters are "really actors") then bring my order of Ravioli di Magro: fresh spinach and ricotta ravioli in a mascarpone cheese, sage and cream sauce.

One day, I will replicate that sauce. Hopefully this winter.
Posted via Mobile Device

and I'm a pretty darn good cook too. Hafta be - I'm Cajun.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mexican - El Azteca. Locally owned. Great food

Steak - I've never had a steak as good as the one from Grumpy's Diner:bowdown:

Like Chipolte but we have one better called Dickee McGee's. Awesome

Just off the top of my head I would say Outback Steakhouse.

Oh and Red Robin! There burgers are OMG I want one now!! :drool

drooling-homer.gif

Last edited:
Back