Favorite Restaurant and why?

Steaks -- NO QUESTION, Ruth Chris :thumbsup: If you have to ask, then you've never been and are missing out on a WORLDS GREATEST MEAL :beerchug:!

Itallian, is ZIO's :inlove: in OKLAHOMA CITY:super: . Great Food :wow: , never left NOT wanting to start again :cheerleader:

Everything else, is just FOOD :laugh:

Mary's kitchen is the best.. I eat out so much that I long for good old home/Mary style cookin'.. :thumbsup:

MeMenamins, I cant even pronounce that. What kind of food?

MMMMMM...McMenamins. The happiest place (well, places, really) on earth. My preferance is Edgefield, although Kennedy school gives it a run for its money. Nothing like sitting back and watching my friends drink in detention! LOL! Or, go smell the cigar smoke at Jerry Garcia's Icehouse.

I am also a fan of Hooters, as I used to work there. Sadly, my tummy can't handle the wings anymore. BUT, I can have their salads. (When the people in Seattle don't screw up the chicken!!!)

As for fast food, taco bell or del taco. BUT, I shy away from that stuff anymore.

Then again, as I get more and more into cooking...my own kitchen is pretty dang good. And, as good as Jefferycarman's favorite BBQ place down the road is...I like his BBQ much better. (you all need to come and visit Portland, Oregon and have some. Our house is open and ready to have visitors!!!!)

We have a little Italian Trattoria named "Due" here in Sarajevo.. The food has always been excellent. I go there for my steak fix, they do a creamy saucy pepper steak really well. Spinach and salmon lasagna, Spaghetti carbonara.. The veal al limone rocks and they always have a personal touch.. I could go on and on about the place.. Small and cozy, really warm environment..

O.T.'s Steakhouse and Saloon, Taft, California.

The Elkhorn Bar and Grill, Meeteetse, Wyoming.

Ram's Head Saloon, Darby, Montana

Berth 55 Seafood, Long Beach, California

Sabroso Mexican Grill, Phoenix, Arizona

:beerchug:

"the braza" farmington, ct- very nice brazilian restaurant that i like to take my wife to here and now.

italian food: olive garden, carabas.
mexican food: papasito, lupe tortilla,
american food: salt&pepper steak house,
chinese food: darn....there are so many of them!!!! ok i give you one: p.f.chaynes, i don't even know if i spelled it right
japanese food: bennihannas!

Last edited:
O.T.'s Steakhouse and Saloon, Taft, California.

The Elkhorn Bar and Grill, Meeteetse, Wyoming.

Ram's Head Saloon, Darby, Montana

Berth 55 Seafood, Long Beach, California

Sabroso Mexican Grill, Phoenix, Arizona

:beerchug:

I know O.T's My step mom was born and raised in Taft. She lives there now. Hoping to get out there this winter

:thumbsup: Will you have the Busa with you ?? Let me know when you are headed this way, we can meet up for some chow & drinks...:beerchug:

I will have one of Scar's Busa's. I ma trying to get a friend of my Step Mom on here. He rides a Busa out of Taft. I believe his name is Eric. Older Gentleman. I think he just bought the bike a couple of years ago.

All Honorable mentions:

Nob hill San Diego (breakfast or brunch)
on 24th street in Phx AZ, chicago style pub with prime rib and onion soup.. (forgot name)
Magdelanas Pueblo Co a small bar with killer bean food
The little cafe in Rosewell NM (on the old hwy through town) Huevos rancheros west side of street just past the turn
on the Wharf in San Fran there is a fish place that has fried calamari sandwiches..

and in first place...

Grumpys Diner... Robbinsville NC :whistle:

Mi Ranchos, Carolina BBQ ( local ) Olive Garden, Carrabbas Italian Grill, Sticky Fingers "BBQ"

Forgot about Outback! Good stuff.

Man, the Hooter's food in my town blows! The whole experience is mediocre at best, on every level if ya follow.

Keep the names flowing! good list

I gave my list of top 5 to Dan just the other day. Here they are in no particular order, but I could eat at each of them almost daily if I had the money and metabolism of a hummingbird.

Chipotle
Country Burger (best greasy burgers and cheddar fries in Dallas)
Naan (pan-Asian, but mostly Korean and Japanese)
Noodle Wave (mom & pop Thai)
Potbelly's (subs so good makes one wonder what exactly it is that Subway is selling)

Oh and for that artery-clogging-feel-full-until-5pm breakfast place, Two Brothers in Frisco, TX

Last edited:
Back