What is yours

Gpmo

Registered
So this morning i woke up with an airline tickets and packed bags heading to Seattle WA. I ended up driving 7 hours through Wyoming with those same bags to Salt Lake City and a credit for new airline tickets. I love my job. Anyhow those long drives and 40gigs of music allows for lots of thinking time. And i have come to a conclusion on my all time favorite patriotic song ever.

Johnny Cash "Ragged Old Flag"

Heres a video/audio version and for readers there is a the written lyrics.
- Ragged Old Flag[/url]

So whats your favorite?

"Ragged Old Flag"

I walked through a county courthouse square
On a park bench, an old man was sittin' there.
I said, "Your old court house is kinda run down,
He said, "Naw, it'll do for our little town".
I said, "Your old flag pole is leaned a little bit,
And that's a ragged old flag you got hangin' on it".
He said, "Have a seat", and I sat down,
"Is this the first time you've been to our little town"
I said, "I think it is"
He said "I don't like to brag, but we're kinda proud of
That Ragged Old Flag

"You see, we got a little hole in that flag there,
When Washington took it across the Delaware.
and It got powder burned the night Francis Scott Key sat watching it,
writing "Say Can You See"
It got a rip in New Orleans, with Packingham & Jackson
tugging at its seams.
and It almost fell at the Alamo
beside the Texas flag,
But she waved on though.
She got cut with a sword at Chancellorsville,
And she got cut again at Shiloh Hill.
There was Robert E. Lee and Beauregard and Bragg,
And the south wind blew hard on
That Ragged Old Flag

"On Flanders Field in World War I,
She got a big hole from a Bertha Gun,
She turned blood red in World War II
She hung limp, and low, a time or two,
She was in Korea, Vietnam, She went where she was sent
by her Uncle Sam.
She waved from our ships upon the briny foam
and now they've about quit wavin' back here at home
in her own good land here She's been abused,
She's been burned, dishonored, denied an' refused,
And the government for which she stands
Has been scandalized throughout out the land.
And she's getting thread bare, and she's wearin' thin,
But she's in good shape, for the shape she's in.
Cause she's been through the fire before
and i believe she can take a whole lot more.

"So we raise her up every morning
And we bring her down slow every night,
We don't let her touch the ground,
And we fold her up right.
On second thought
I *do* like to brag
Cause I'm mighty proud of
That Ragged Old Flag"

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Max Greenfield GIF by CBS

So this morning i woke up with an airline tickets and packed bags heading to Seattle WA. I ended up driving 7 hours through Wyoming with those same bags to Salt Lake City and a credit for new airline tickets. I love my job. Anyhow those long drives and 40gigs of music allows for lots of thinking time. And i have come to a conclusion on my all time favorite patriotic song ever.

Johnny Cash "Ragged Old Flag"

Heres a video/audio version and for readers there is a the written lyrics.
- Ragged Old Flag[/url]

So whats your favorite?

"Ragged Old Flag"

I walked through a county courthouse square
On a park bench, an old man was sittin' there.
I said, "Your old court house is kinda run down,
He said, "Naw, it'll do for our little town".
I said, "Your old flag pole is leaned a little bit,
And that's a ragged old flag you got hangin' on it".
He said, "Have a seat", and I sat down,
"Is this the first time you've been to our little town"
I said, "I think it is"
He said "I don't like to brag, but we're kinda proud of
That Ragged Old Flag

"You see, we got a little hole in that flag there,
When Washington took it across the Delaware.
and It got powder burned the night Francis Scott Key sat watching it,
writing "Say Can You See"
It got a rip in New Orleans, with Packingham & Jackson
tugging at its seams.
and It almost fell at the Alamo
beside the Texas flag,
But she waved on though.
She got cut with a sword at Chancellorsville,
And she got cut again at Shiloh Hill.
There was Robert E. Lee and Beauregard and Bragg,
And the south wind blew hard on
That Ragged Old Flag

"On Flanders Field in World War I,
She got a big hole from a Bertha Gun,
She turned blood red in World War II
She hung limp, and low, a time or two,
She was in Korea, Vietnam, She went where she was sent
by her Uncle Sam.
She waved from our ships upon the briny foam
and now they've about quit wavin' back here at home
in her own good land here She's been abused,
She's been burned, dishonored, denied an' refused,
And the government for which she stands
Has been scandalized throughout out the land.
And she's getting thread bare, and she's wearin' thin,
But she's in good shape, for the shape she's in.
Cause she's been through the fire before
and i believe she can take a whole lot more.

"So we raise her up every morning
And we bring her down slow every night,
We don't let her touch the ground,
And we fold her up right.
On second thought
I *do* like to brag
Cause I'm mighty proud of
That Ragged Old Flag"
Let us know how Seattle is doing. Last time I was there was 3 years ago. Downtown by Pioneer Square was a pretty big homeless encampment. In a 4 block trek through there, you got to see beggars, drug use in open sight, physical fighting, and physical defecating on the streets.

At that time the city wasn't doing much to deter it.

Let us know how Seattle is doing. Last time I was there was 3 years ago. Downtown by Pioneer Square was a pretty big homeless encampment. In a 4 block trek through there, you got to see beggars, drug use in open sight, physical fighting, and physical defecating on the streets.

At that time the city wasn't doing much to deter it.
Looks like "ol Red caught himself one....

This thread is from 2011 and the op was last seen in 2018....

fish.jpg

only one gender combination ~ can reproduce another human *
Ad Council Pride GIF by Love Has No Labels

say what ever *

only one gender combination ~ can reproduce another human *
View attachment 1676127
say what ever *
Heaven forbid that there is ever a need to call upon the young men and women to defend our countries like was done in the past....

Our enemies look at these sorts of things and laugh out loud to themselves......they would never need to attack us because we are destroying ourselves....

Don’t kid yourself, homosexuality is worldwide and as old as our species. Not everyone is here to procreate and humans are populating the earth just fine.
Of course it is but look at the extremes it has taken here in the west.....can you imagine some of these people being asked to put a uniform on to defend their way of life against the oppressors who would take it away?

In my estimation 99.99% wouldn't........People enjoy freedom until they have to fight for it.

....and I was raised on a farm.....no need to tell me about what repopulation is.....in all my years on that farm I have never seen two bulls fighting over the mating rights to another bull or two stallions doing the same.....there was always a cow or mare involved.....

I was in my very late teens and serving in uniform the first time I heard about homosexuality and thought "what is wrong with the human race?"

I've since educated myself and now ask "what is wrong with the human race and other primates who indulge in this sort of thing?"

I'm not homophobic as a phobia means to be scared of something and I'm not scared of gay people....all the other stuff that seems to be surrounding the gay movement is another thing entirely....

I don't care for the term homophobia because by definition it implies fear when the lack of acceptance is really what needs to be expressed. People will rush to claim that they accept gay people as part of society; "I interact with gay people just fine"; but the acceptance of who someone is is much deeper. That's actually ok, nobody is forcing anyone to accept. The extreme you point out, first of all, it's not only in the west. Sure there are countries where it's still illegal to be gay, but in my mind that's the extreme we need to concern ourselves with. The extreme is the celebration the slow process of acceptance; recognizing, by most of us, that there is nothing nefarious or shameful about homosexuality. This celebration is among others, so you celebrate family, church, sports...and let people celebrate what they cherish.
In my estimation 99.99% wouldn't........People enjoy freedom until they have to fight for it.
I guarantee your estimation is wrong
....all the other stuff that seems to be surrounding the gay movement is another thing entirely....

It obviously doesn't involve everyone, but telling gays to not celebrate is like telling sports fans not to...they're going to glance your way and then continue.

You say you've educated yourself. So have I.

I don't care for the term homophobia because by definition it implies fear when the lack of acceptance is really what needs to be expressed. People will rush to claim that they accept gay people as part of society; "I interact with gay people just fine"; but the acceptance of who someone is is much deeper. That's actually ok, nobody is forcing anyone to accept. The extreme you point out, first of all, it's not only in the west. Sure there are countries where it's still illegal to be gay, but in my mind that's the extreme we need to concern ourselves with. The extreme is the celebration the slow process of acceptance; recognizing, by most of us, that there is nothing nefarious or shameful about homosexuality. This celebration is among others, so you celebrate family, church, sports...and let people celebrate what they cherish.

It obviously doesn't involve everyone, but telling gays to not celebrate is like telling sports fans not to...they're going to glance your way and then continue.

I can guarantee from what I know and see 99.99% of these sorts of people will not put a uniform and place themselves in harm's way to fight for the freedoms that others have fought and died for...I can guarantee that without any prejudice....I was in this business for most of my life.

I had gay soldiers work for me who would and have put their lives on the line and they had my respect as much as any other soldier, they are the exception to the rule however....I did notice it was the female lesbians who felt the desperate need to inform all around them that they were gay which I assume was to make sure no males made advances towards them....any males who were gay would just go about their business...we had field showers were sometimes 10 men would be in there together, we never excluded our gay males from showering when we did nor did we ask for separate shower timings for them although we checked with them beforehand to make sure they were ok with this and not one said they weren't..

I have no issue with gay people, I have issue when some (not all) feel the need to make their sexual orientation something that requires public broadcasting with flags, parades or other such displays....

Here in Canada they have the same rights as anyone else and for the most part are accepted-probably more so than visible minorities.....

What they need to do is blend in and join the rest of society in our daily drudgery, nobody would even notice they are any different including those who would condemn them as these people wouldn't have a clue as to whom was living this lifestyle...

When we talk about mentioning or attempting to influence another country with our western ideology, they would do exactly as you described, look your way and continue to do what they are doing. Is their way right? Who are we to judge, just because it doesn't meet our same way of thinking doesn't mean it's not right to them?

All to often the west has gone and stuck their nose and ideologies into other countries who weren't ready or willing to accept this and all we have to do is look around to see the immeasurable damage we have done.

I definitely DO NOT accept children being exposed to this in a manner which sees a 5 yr old going by a pronoun or thinking they are another gender and their parents giving them hormone therapy....this should be illegal and people charged....this to me is as bad as female reproductive mutilations of some African nations.....

]

View attachment 1676526
And look at the crapstorm he endured over this yet stuck to his path and never backed down...

That is the America that I have known......not backing down.....

I can guarantee from what I know and see 99.99% of these sorts of people will not put a uniform and place themselves in harm's way to fight for the freedoms that others have fought and died for...I can guarantee that without any prejudice....I was in this business for most of my life.

I had gay soldiers work for me who would and have put their lives on the line and they had my respect as much as any other soldier,
Your second paragraph tells the truth that your original 99.9% guesstimate of these “sorts” is wrong. I know the character of several gays including a retired marine and I assure you it’s wrong. There is zero use in us discussing this aspect.
I feel pride and warmth towards gays. You feel differently. It’s what makes the world go round.

Last edited:
Your second paragraph tells the truth that your original 99.9% guesstimate of these “sorts” is wrong. I know the character of several gays including a retired marine and I assure you it’s wrong. There is zero use in U.S. discussing this aspect.
I feel pride and warmth towards gays. You feel differently. It’s what makes the world go round.
I think my "guestimate" as you erroneously put it is right on the money.......let's just hope this is never put to the test..

I was part of special forces selection and not once did anyone's sexual orientation come into play at anytime....nor did the fact that a candidate was gay bar them from applying. Honestly I could care less is someone is gay but I do believe it is something that should be private and not out on public display as should all sexual orientations.

Our enemies look at this as a weakness and something they can exploit and we hand them this on a platter....

Using the word guess is the most honest I can use. I didn’t mean it as criticism. Neither one of us or anybody in the world for that matter knows.
I will say that you take offense easily on certain topics and so do I. Maybe we can debate oil or tires.

"the extreme we should ALL concern ourselves with", in reference to countries where it is still illegal to be gay.
You are aware that those are all Muslim nations; correct?
That it is their Muslim faith that teaches that, and that governs their land alike.
So before you open that door, just be prepared for who is waiting...
Me? I'm a Christian hypocrit.
I disagree with the gay lifestyle, but also, I am reapectful to them just the same as I am with everyone else.
They are entitled to the same rights and respect as everyone else, and I do know that it isn't my place to judge anyone.
I will discuss my belifes with anyone...discuss...not push.
Converstion is fine, but once anything is attempted to be forced on to someone, walls go up on all sides, and nothing positive is accomplished.
I am also not implying that you are pushing anything either, only that the world/the media has, about this and many other things.

Back