Is Olive Garden Anti-American?

Very good point here! It is a PRIVATE establishment and have there own set rules! That group could not display their flag the same way the local chapter of the KKK could not display their flag in the restaurant.(think that would be disruptive?)

Game. Set. Match. Can't even believe this is an issue to discuss. She is (almost literally) hiding behind Old Glory while hurling insults of "un-American" to anyone not in agreement. Shyeah..... okay, Sen. McCarthy, whatever....
rolleyes.gif

The rules either apply to everyone or no one.

Exactly so! :rulez: Equal treatment for all... no special treatment for any one group... pretty sure that is the American way!

Every business in this country has the freedom (At the expense of hundreds of thousands of dead soldiers) to make rules banning old glory from their premisis.

These dead soldiers also gave me the right to boycott this chain of restaurants and I'll happily invoke my rights!

Choices just like elections have consequences, they have made theirs and I have made mine! :dunno:

If you walk into my furniture showroom you will be greeted by TWO 3'x5' red,white,and blue American Flags if you make a left you will be greeted by Two more, make a right and Two more .total of 6 Flags displayed proudly year round. So far no complaints no one offended. If I knew how to download pics through tap a talk I would proudly show you our showroom. If someone is offended they have five other furniture stores within walking distance to choose from. Just like I have several restaurant s to Choose from.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

If you walk into my furniture showroom you will be greeted by TWO 3'x5' red,white,and blue American Flags if you make a left you will be greeted by Two more, make a right and Two more .total of 6 Flags displayed proudly year round. So far no complaints no one offended. If I knew how to download pics through tap a talk I would proudly show you our showroom. If someone is offended they have five other furniture stores within walking distance to choose from. Just like I have several restaurant s to Choose from.

Pic is easy. Reply like you did. At bottom of screen in the middle is "more". When you click more you will have option to upload from camera directly or pics you have in memory. Take a pic or select a pic from your memory. Once uploaded select inline. Then submit. Done.

from my dunce stool via tapatalk

It's our colors, our stars and stripes. It's what our forefathers fought so proudly for and many have died for. If you can't let it be desplaied for a couple of hours in your restaruant then I can't eat there (not that I really ever did).

i'm going to take the other point of view on this one. (although i have no love at all for the place!)

why would they have a meeting at olive garden? ???
olive garden is not a meeting hall, it is a "fine?" dining establishment.
i as a president of a very American organization would NEVER try to hold a meeting in an olive garden or any restaurant like that.
it is rude and very disruptive to walk into a place and expect to be able to redecorate the place to suit your needs, then continue to be loud and disruptive to the rest of the customers by doing the pledge and our opening prayers and holding a meeting.
olive garden is a restaurant, and respect must be given to the rest of the patrons. i don't think MickE D's is a appropriate place for a meeting either.
there is a time and place for everything.
i have my meetings at the Elks, the Moose, K of C, American Legion, Eagles lodges.

it sounds like they needed a private banquet hall.

and is it just me ??? or did the article try to make her out to be a black vet of ww2? :wtf:

Precisely. Lets call this thread for what it really is: A dog whistle for the Fightin' 101st keyboard patriots/tea bag division...

Being a chef, why would anyone want to eat there in the first place???. I don't mean to offend the folks who do enjoy it, but,
IT"S GARBAGE and not fit for human consumption. :nono: :eatchicken::stirpot:: DON'T::10: :puke:

Precisely. Lets call this thread for what it really is: A dog whistle for the Fightin' 101st keyboard patriots/tea bag division...

Actually, this thread was started in the interest of mature discussion/debate. Most people on this site are able to carry on an intelligent conversation without name calling. You should try it sometime.

Actually, this thread was started in the interest of mature discussion/debate. Most people on this site are able to carry on an intelligent conversation without name calling. You should try it sometime.

Boy that must have struck a nerve. Mature discussion... Yea right!... the keyboard patriots call Olive Garden anti-American with a question mark (the implication is already in the question) cause some (very) rude people demanded they get special treatment and be allowed to have a flag party while everyone else is trying to enjoy their (crappy) food. Olive garden is not a banquet hall. If anyone is denigrating the flag.. its the idiots barging into the restaurant waving the flag. How ironic is that?!

A few flags flying at my work!

Thanks for helping me post tapatalk.

uploadfromtaptalk1318714364296.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1318714399201.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1318714477932.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1318714507774.jpg

Boy that must have struck a nerve. Mature discussion... Yea right!... the keyboard patriots call Olive Garden anti-American with a question mark (the implication is already in the question) cause some (very) rude people demanded they get special treatment and be allowed to have a flag party while everyone else is trying to enjoy their (crappy) food. Olive garden is not a banquet hall. If anyone is denigrating the flag.. its the idiots barging into the restaurant waving the flag. How ironic is that?!

Strike a nerve? Nah... However, members here should be free to share opinions and ideas without receiving personal attacks and name calling in return.

Strike a nerve? Nah... However, members here should be free to share opinions and ideas without receiving personal attacks and name calling in return.
Personal huh? Why? Cause what I said strikes so close to home? Don’t like my criticism of the premise of your “mature” thread topic? Tough. Anyone hurling anti-American (even if they try to mask it in the form of a question) at any person, group or business is open to scrutiny.. including ridicule.

Personal huh? Why? Cause what I said strikes so close to home? Don’t like my criticism of the premise of your “mature” thread topic? Tough. Anyone hurling anti-American (even if they try to mask it in the form of a question) at any person, group or business is open to scrutiny.. including ridicule.

If you have an opinion express it but name calling and ridicule will not be tolerated. This will be your only warning.

If you have an opinion express it but name calling and ridicule will not be tolerated. This will be your only warning.

Last time I checked the whole premise of this thread is name calling.

Your threat is noted. Is censorship of dissenting opinions a part of your patriotic portfolio?

Last time I checked the whole premise of this thread is name calling.

Your threat is noted. Is censorship of dissenting opinions a part of your patriotic portfolio?

I didn't threaten you, I warned you and I don't see where I've "censored" your opinion.

This will be my last correspondence with you in this thread. If you want to further this discussion with me then take it to pm's

wow some touchy feely people here... i dont want to see a flag inside a restaurant,,, outside yes up at dawn and taken down at dusk, and no ratty looking flags...

wow some touchy feely people here... i dont want to see a flag inside a restaurant,,, outside yes up at dawn and taken down at dusk, and no ratty looking flags...

The most important aspect of this is that the restaurant can display or not display the flag as they see fit. Doesn't make them any more or less "american". They also don't have to kowtow to wannabe patriots demanding that they support a flag waving convention while other people are trying to enjoy their meals.

Here is the deal... If the resturant doesn't want flags then fine that is their right... when I get bent of shape is when they try to play it off.. If they had just said they didn't want a flag in inside i would say okay. BUT when they say they don't want a flag inside so that "To be fair to everyone and avoid disrupting the dining experience for all other guests" that bothers me...

Who would really be upset or disrupted by an American flag inside. What they are expressing is that not everyone supports the presence of the flag and they are Okay with that...

I don't appreciate what they are conveying... Just as they have the right to not allow a flag, or to require shoes and shirts I have the right to go where I want.

Cap

Back