Emissions Testing

dvdt

Registered
I am curious if emissions testing is required for bikes in any state. I know in some states they can be really strict with exhaust modifications on cars, e.g. headers with the stock cats still in place.

Steve

I am curious if emissions testing is required for bikes in any state.  I know in some states they can be really strict with exhaust modifications on cars, e.g. headers with the stock cats still in place.

Steve
In Denver CO you have to have EPA (sound and emmissions) approved mufflers on your bike, which means stock basically. So you need to either keep your stock system around in case you get a fix it ticket.....or just run slipons which make it much easier to swap back to stock. There was a guy looking to dump his slipons for some stockers awhile back.

There is currently no testing for any state.......However, here in CA, emissions was scheduled for 2009. It was called off for budget reasons.
Budget reasons? I don't think so..........There are not enough bikes to test= Not a money maker. Yes folks, the Liberal Nazis have run into the wall here, they are trying to eek the last dollar out of us, but finally cannot find a way to make money doing it, which is they MAIN reason for the tests anyhow..........

Ron

There is currently no testing for any state.......However, here in CA, emissions was scheduled for 2009. It was called off for budget reasons.
Budget reasons?  I don't think so..........There are not enough bikes to test= Not a money maker. Yes folks, the Liberal Nazis have run into the wall here, they are trying to eek the last dollar out of us, but finally cannot find a way to make money doing it, which is they MAIN reason for the tests anyhow..........

Ron
YEP

Back