After Market Exhaust

My Busa is now 3 years old, so it has to be tested for emissions and to check its road worthy. I will have to put the standard cans back on, bit of a pain, but it has to be done. Most of the After Market Exhaust makes here do a road/race
system with removable baffles, Akrapovic do a sweet system with a CF can, think that is the way I will go
super.gif
beerchug.gif

(newmill @ Feb. 13 2007,22:12) Its my understanding that they cannot retroactively force smog testing on bikes. A previous legal ruling shut that down back in the 90's with regards to out of state autos, which is why I believe that they are targeting the dealers for the modifications and subsequent non compliance penalty.
According to the CARB site, motorcycles have been subjected to emissions standards just like cars/trucks. However, unlike cars/trucks these standards were never enforced. The web site talks about standards for motorcycles as far back as 1975. I think it has always been illegal to modify your exhaust per CARB (since 1975) but nobody ever figured out a way to enforce it.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/motcycle/onrdmc.htm

This is the site I found with the info. BTW-I was just up your way a couple of Fridays ago. I like to shoot up I-5 as there are some fairly straight stretches with little traffic. It has been rumored that a bike similar to mine was driving around 175 MPH in that area. How are the CHP up there?

(ranch41 @ Feb. 13 2007,22:04)
(CAT3 @ Feb. 13 2007,21:57) I've played the install and revert to stock thing too many times just in order to beat the noise police at their game... Its sad that some tree-hugging prick has nothing better to do then kill tree's writing out everything that violated "their" rights. You also have some police officers getting sh!t on by John Q Public when the officer gives them a fix-it ticket or fine (he's just trying to make a living like everyone else and sometimes they actually enforce the laws even when they dont necessarily agree with or support them). What a society we have, isn't it great. Too many freedoms, not enough tolerance for individuality.
PS-Try buying a gun in Kalifornia. You AZ guys got it made. I was in Scottsdale and went to the SGC to check out the .50 cal.
I know exactly what you mean, I used to live in Crazyfornia about 10yrs ago....ok, 13 but I try not to count anymore
smile.gif
I had to sell my old hotrods, 1986 Malibu and a God Made Chevrolet truck because of emissions testing. I bought a 67' Firebird and called it even back then. As long as Uncle Sam agree's I'll only visit Crazyfornia for now on.

Back