UK: K8 - New R77 - binned factory system - emissions?

aZooZa

Registered
Question from UK: I have a K8 and a Yoshi R77 4>2>1. When I had the Yoshi system fitted, the dealer told me the original factory twin exhaust system (immaculate) wasn't worth anything. I just saw someone offering one on eBay today but it didn't sell at £499. Two questions:

1. Should I collect the old system and keep it, if they still have it?

2. Will the R77 pass the emissions test when it comes to MOT time?

Cheers!

i am in germany and if you want to sell your stock exhaust i will galdly buy it for inspection here in germany... i dont think they do emission test here but they do a noise test and i am thinking the muzzy i have on there wont pass

Stock systems are always worth SOMETHING, especially if in perfect condition. So unless you are extremely tight on room to store it for now, I would keep it. Be it if you ever want to sell your bike, need for some inspection, or decide to sell it.

Dealer probably wants it for themselves.

Ok to replace the full factory end cans from Suzuki is £1100 + VAT EACH SIDE :(

There is no emissions test for bikes on the MOT, its just down to the noise.. which they never fail you on unless its open pipes...

You should be fine M8

Jza (from UK)

ive thrown away many sets of stock exhausts from gen 1 bikes, my gen 2 i have the stock stuff on the shelf, guessing years from now it will be at my curb LOL

I managed to sell my stock cans separately on Ebay for $275.
The original header sat listed for 60days before I gave up an threw it out.

Back