Doublestandard Here On Rumors

OB_Kong

Registered
Whats the deal with the weak rumors? I see folks posting positive things here on other bike brands and several here like to scream rumor! rumor! but then when it comes to negative rumors it becomes gospel. With a almost 50% problem poll I would think there would be more discretion here.

Kong,
Are you saying we shouldn't print negative rumours? Or are you saying we should only print "facts". The above may be true. I am quoting some one else. Is that what you object to? I am trying to understand what you mean but am not sure i "get it". How do you know the ZX-12 info is incorrect? What makes a rumour valid? If a magazine prints something and we post it, is it more valid than unidentified sources? I think the ZX-12 maintenance rumour is interesting news and may be true, that's why i repeated it here. I am not trying to bash the twelve, only temper the hype with some possible facts.
I have owned five Kawasaki's in my life and am as interested in the twelve as anyone
here. Time to go work on my "HedgeAbuser".
ducmanic
Los Angeles

[This message has been edited by ducmanic (edited 21 August 1999).]

Speaking of rumours, I met a guy today who says he just yesterday put down a $500 deposit on a ZX12. This deposit was placed with Canada's largest motorcycle dealership; Cycle World in Toronto.

He has been told that he can expect delivery shortly after Toronto's big factory bike show in January.

Only a rumour of course...

I was right, you guys will respond to anything. My point being for example if you read that the Bus has went 200mph you fail to read about the tailwind but if you hear that a ZX12 goes 200 you dont miss a word about the details. Funny huh.

I think he means that approx. 30% have submitted YES for problems and approx. 14% submitted only minor stuff in the problem poll Chase (BigDog) set-up. That is high, but ANYONE can vote and vote more than once. How accurate can it be?
Speaking of Rumors --I went to my Dealer yesterday and discussed the ZX-12 with the owner. He said Kaw reps will not admit it exists yet, and the owner of the dealership said he heard that it is possible it may not be released in the US until 2001! Europe will get it 1st in 2000. This subject came up because I asked to be contacted 1st when he hears about availability.
Bob

Jamie are your panties a little tight?

Have Fitch give them a tug!

A case of PZX?

You should have checked into the possible complications before your operations at Baylor.

She is such a bitch now, must be the estrogen shots.

Yeah, most facts are based on rumors,........or is it the other way around..........where there's smoke there's fire, uh what you see is what you get................gee i dont know.......I hate rumors, sometimes i hate facts........especially factual rumors, rumors are a fact of life.....there i said it........Negative rumor=zx12 doing 210..........haha thats a good one!!Oh poop its a negative rumor......oh that's bad. See how confusing this poop is?

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 22 August 1999).]

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 22 August 1999).]

Just what I thought you miss Fitch and Jamie but you dont know how to word it, right? You love that stuff and cant get enough. If I was a pro Suzuki man you would be telling nme how smart I was and that " you da man " ect I can take it now, but latter you wont like it I bet.See if you have the restrant not to respond, I bet not.

You would know Kong.
What is your e-mail address? You must of forgot to put it in your profile in your hurry to provide useful information to this site.
---- ---
Fill in the blanks

Bob

My e-mail is all over the posts. And yes I probably will have a ZX-12 too, for now my dealer won't even accept a deposit because he can not promise a delivery date. I am sure some dealers would take it, but i won't give it until I know they can deliver and the bike can deliver.
The CBR1000RR and VTR1000SP Honda's are also in my sights, yes Honda's.
Last four out of five bikes were Suzooks GS1100G, 1200Bandit, SV650, one Honda CBR900RR, now gone. Don't really care about brand loyality. Especially, if this cut-out mess is not addressed.
So King Kong there you have it.
ramair1@flash.net
Bob

Back