Did terrorist take out the power in NY?

mikeyusf

Registered
Overheard on CNN, FOX, ABC, NBC, and every other network this evening- (See if you can see a pattern)

Back to you Uma

"At this point, it does not appear that terrorists have taken over the powerlines. But we cannot confirm nor deny that initial rumors, sparked by the coming of the anniversary of 9/11, have pointed towards terrorism as the cause of the power going out. Terrorists have long since attempted to hijack and attack this country's power grid system, and this does appear at first glance to be the work of terrorists. We have interviews thousands of people who feel that terrorists could have cut the power, but we cannot confirm this rumor. Once again, terrorists have taken over the power stations was the initial report, and the initial rumor. Terrorists are here, terrorists are there, terrorists are everywhere. Also, the country's national terror meter has not changed. Terror, terror, terror, terror, terror."

This has become such a f*ckin cliche' that I cant even watch TV anymore. Everything is now the act of terrorists. Computer viruses, power outages, common illnesses, even the flat tire I got on my car the other day was the act of terrorists.

Folks, this is become the "boy who cried wolf" story. I am so sick of everything being debated as the possibility of terrorists and terrorism.

Honestly, I think I would much rather be snuffed out by terrorists then to live like this and hear this from my government and media for the rest of my life. This is the new way of life for the US citizen, everything is now the work of terrorists until the president himself gets on TV and announces differently.

<-- off the soapbox

What I heard was that is was just a power overload at the plant. I guess all we can do is wait and see what happens.

Citizens can't help but automatically think "terrorism" when things like this happen...welcome to the new world order...

What sucks is that no matter how much the gov't says "it's not terrorist related", the media likes to slip in this and that about the possibilities of it being a terrorist attack, or even go so far as to talk about how easy it would be for terrorists to do this, "oh, look at how helpless we are?! What if this had been a terrorist attack?!"

The media feeds on this, as we all know...best thing to do is watch just enough so you're in the know, then turn it to Seinfeld reruns!
biggrin.gif

Yea VaBusa thats a really good point. I'm just so sick of this paranoia and the media and government feeding off of it. The media uses it to get ratings, the government uses it to get votes. I just feel like alot of groups have taken 9/11 and are selfishly trying to use it as "leverage" to control us. Control meaning getting our money, our attention, or our votes.

Our fellow americans are trying to paralyze us with fear in order to control us, that really bothers me

Mike

Yea VaBusa thats a really good point. I'm just so sick of this paranoia and the media and government feeding off of it. The media uses it to get ratings, the government uses it to get votes. I just feel like alot of groups have taken 9/11 and are selfishly trying to use it as "leverage" to control us. Control meaning getting our money, our attention, or our votes.

Our fellow americans are trying to paralyze us with fear in order to control us, that really bothers me

Mike
Amen, Mike.

Seems to me that the more we can "Combat Terrorism" the Bigger my budget gets. Black money of course, but this is nothing new.

Americans have been steared into global conflict everytime the economy gets sluggish and the money men in America watch their portfolios shrink. Think about it. America is the worlds largest and most consistant "Wartime" economy. Without the "bad Guys" scaring the simple folk into accepting new laws and new rules, and without a war to stimulate growth the US economy starts to come apart. Seems to be on a 10-12 year cycle.

WWII-America enters the war struggling, ends booming.

Korea-Golden age is slowing, Congress putting pressure to reduce military spending, whoops looky there we need them troops.

Vietnam- Oh hey loooky here, once again budgets shrinking...

Cold WAR- Lets not forget the big one, thoughout the 50's-80's the government used the "Red Scare" to keep their coffers absolutely full.

Soviet threat reduced-Time to bring in the terrorists, the New Global Enema...a new Spending rally point. Now all we need to do is shift public attention to it and really get them behind the "Anti-Terrorism/Home Security" spending spree.

Desert Storm- Ah now with the end of the cold war we are faced with dwindling military spending and a demand to reduce forces. Oh looky Them der Iraqi's we used to sell weapons to are acting on their own, Ah how wonderful, time to pump more money into the DoD/Government. Besides no one complains about rising taxes when we are supporting a war. After all that would be Un Amurican. Huge economic Boom of the 90's follows close behind.

2nd War on Iraq- Country so near economic depression we will act on our own, to prop up and stimulate our spending machines? I dunno, I am on the wrong side of the fence here to be talking about this stuff, but it makes you wonder WTF?
It all comes down to money and power.

So now we are living under "Fear of terrorism." What a wondeful idea, keep the population so spooked and worried that they will go along with damn near any law or bill that promises "Security". A population of happless dipsh*ts ready to accept a National ID card, The Patriot Act, Hell next they will sell us disarmament because it will keep us safe.
Lets be sure to shift public attention away from the Educational system, Inner city poverty, racism, AIDS and for god sakes DO NOT THINK FOR YOURSELVES...

rant.gif
I'll got off the SoapBox
soapbox.gif

Besides what the hell do I know? Sh*t I'm 75% republican anyway....

Hugs

Rev

Mike
Amen, Mike.

Seems to me that the more we can "Combat Terrorism" the Bigger my budget gets.  Black money of course, but this is nothing new.

Americans have been steared into global conflict everytime the economy gets sluggish and the money men in America watch their portfolios shrink.  Think about it.  America is the worlds largest and most consistant "Wartime" economy.   Without the "bad Guys" scaring the simple folk into accepting new laws and new rules, and without a war to stimulate growth the US economy starts to come apart.  Seems to be on a 10-12 year cycle.  

WWII-America enters the war struggling, ends booming.

Korea-Golden age is slowing, Congress putting pressure to reduce military spending, whoops looky there we need them troops.

Vietnam- Oh hey loooky here, once again budgets shrinking...

Cold WAR-  Lets not forget the big one, thoughout the 50's-80's the government used the "Red Scare" to keep their coffers absolutely full.

Soviet threat reduced-Time to bring in the terrorists, the New Global Enema...a new Spending rally point.  Now all we need to do is shift public attention to it and really get them behind the "Anti-Terrorism/Home Security" spending spree.

Desert Storm-  Ah now with the end of the cold war we are faced with dwindling military spending and a demand to reduce forces.  Oh looky Them der Iraqi's we used to sell weapons to are acting on their own, Ah how wonderful, time to pump more money into the DoD/Government.  Besides no one complains about rising taxes when we are supporting a war.  After all that would be Un Amurican.  Huge economic Boom of the 90's follows close behind.

2nd War on Iraq-  Country so near economic depression we will act on our own, to prop up and stimulate our spending machines?  I dunno, I am on the wrong side of the fence here to be talking about this stuff, but it makes you wonder WTF?
It all comes down to money and power.

So now we are living under "Fear of terrorism."  What a wondeful idea, keep the population so spooked and worried that they will go along with damn near any law or bill that promises "Security".  A population of happless dipsh*ts ready to accept a National ID card, The Patriot Act, Hell next they will sell us disarmament because it will keep us safe.
 Lets be sure to shift public attention away from the Educational system, Inner city poverty, racism, AIDS and for god sakes DO NOT THINK FOR YOURSELVES...

rant.gif
  I'll got off the SoapBox
soapbox.gif

Besides what the hell do I know? Sh*t I'm 75% republican anyway....

Hugs

Rev
I see you ate your Wheaties this morning!
Too much thinking so early in the day...I still haven't had my caffeine fix, my head hurts...

Glad to see someone's thinking though...
All I can muster are these small sentences!

YEAH, WHAT REV SAID...
jump9.gif

You know someone at the main plant just tripped over the main power plug and forgot to plug it back in
biggrin.gif

its just a power outtage. So they get them mayor to ring the starting bell at the NYSE? The worst thats gonna come out of this one is that people are going to have to buy more groceries

Back